News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-31 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by anthrax, January 01, 2017, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: mbw on January 01, 2017, 10:37:04 AM
Enough with the positivity.  This was clearly the worst phish show ever.
i like this guy
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sunrisevt

Quote from: DoW on January 01, 2017, 12:33:54 PM
i like this guy

De gustibus non disputandum.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

danje

I thought the gag was cool. Wish they'd have gone back to normal Phish instead of Tab snoozefest.

WhatstheUse?

It really did feel and sound like TAB post-Suzy. They couldn't even jam because Trey was all caught up in making the horn lines fit in. Even First tube... I do like the horns in that song yet...  couldn't help but think how much harder they usually rage it when it's just the 4 of them.  That Guedo behind the percussion was no Karl Perazzo either!

I really did enjoy Petrichor though. I didn't think I would, but I did. Phish Circus.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

just  checked out a little of this on youtube.
i must be seriously out of the loop... when did phish become a performance art band complete with hype dancers?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

birdman

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 01, 2017, 04:40:30 PM
i must be seriously out of the loop... when did phish become a performance art band complete with hype dancers?
It was an all out dance party.  The place was going through the roof. I welcome all the hype dancers they want to throw at us.
Paug FTMFW!

mbw

Well, i guess you could start with the flying hotdog, gamehendge time factory, Clifford Ball Tweezer with the trampoline people, father time, tower jam with the repelling dancers, 7 below dancers, drive in set, haunted house, international meatstick dancers, storage jam, steam floating dancers.... to name few.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mbw on January 01, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

Well, i guess you could start with the flying hotdog, gamehendge time factory, Clifford Ball Tweezer with the trampoline people, father time, tower jam with the repelling dancers, 7 below dancers, drive in set, haunted house, international meatstick dancers, storage jam, steam floating dancers.... to name few.
never heard of em  :-P

ser. tho, the Suzy sounded great and i thought it looked funny how the band was drowning in baloons.
i started watchin some of another clip though with the dancers in the rain and i was  completely lost.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Fun show.  The opening 2 were great but the rest of the 1st set didn't do it for me.  The second set was great.  I think Sand was the highlight for me, besides More.  Nothing was played like the night before though, but it was a great set.  I liked the 3rd set OK.  Petrichor through No Mans Land was awesome.  Loved trhe dancers and effects.  Petrichor with brass and percussion was great.  555 was decent.  Could have done without Ocelot and Tide Turns.  After a 4 night run, I really have very low expectations for the final set.  The encore was obvious choice, but nothing special.  All in all, I thought this was a decent NYE show, there have been far worse (2 years ago in Miami comes to mind).  96 is pretty shitty too (and 90).  This was a solid run with the 30th being the clear winner. 

susep

I like this 2001, it feels right.  Trippy ambience in opening this version.  Great way to begin a set. 

rowjimmy

I'm listening to the 2nd set now.
Agreed that 2001 is cool.
In fact so far the whole this is pretty great. You've got dark Carini, a Jammy Twist, extended Asshanded intro to Piper which gets pretty weird in its own right pretty early on.
That's as far as I've gotten.

As far as first goes, it looked routine so, after Don't Bogart That Joint (which was pretty cool, right?) I skipped it for now.

Marmar

The only problem with that Carini RJ is this....

Listen to the SPAC Carini.....then listen to the MSG Carini....

Recycled much?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

August

redrum

Feeling no remorse for sitting this one out. Sorry guys but c'mon...

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

WhatstheUse?

I think 12/31/11 was worse.

Yet... I still had a blast at both.

This band... they are good.
Bring in the dude!