Register

Author Topic: 2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Post-Show Discussion  (Read 522 times)

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Post-Show Discussion
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »
2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN

Carini > Down with Disease[1] > Say it to Me S.A.N.T.O.S., Everything's Right > Mercury > Tweezer > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Steam, Martian Monster, More > Harry Hood > Character Zero

ENCORE: Possum > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Unfinished

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
Re: 2019-06-14 Bonnaroo
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:49:43 PM »
Definitely an above average festival set. 

Check out the Everything's Right, Tweezer and Hood if you haven't yet. Especially the Tweezer which has some very tight, concise jamming. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »
I stayed up for this. Thought I’d crash out early but they were really playing for this set.  The jams only went so far which, I suspect is a minor festival effect but, overall... pretty strong for a fest and better than average for this early in a 3.0 Phish tour.

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:27 AM »
I stayed up for this. Thought Iíd crash out early but they were really playing for this set.  The jams only went so far which, I suspect is a minor festival effect but, overall... pretty strong for a fest and better than average for this early in a 3.0 Phish tour.

So if I was to make a review of this set, it would be what he said.  Really enjoyed it.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/jiggslikesphish/status/1139867200544759808

Can't get the tweet to link from my phone.

ETA: Also, don't think Trey has his tone dialed in? Listen to that sustaining note in Hood on a pair of headphones.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:42:40 PM by shoreline99 »
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline gainesvillegreen

• Wrote the Book
  • Its always the llamas...
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »

Check out the Everything's Right, Tweezer and Hood if you haven't yet. Especially the Tweezer which has some very tight, concise jamming.

The Tweezer is schizo. I had to check my app to make sure it was the same song. The length of that version is not indicative of all it contains.
But, jam of the set goes to ER for me.
Very interested in tonight's show, am curious if the atypical jams of Stash from 6/11 (very good) and Hood from 6/14 (not very good) continue. I appreciate they are thinking this way....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of peopleís failures are where itís at.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »

The Tweezer is schizo. I had to check my app to make sure it was the same song. The length of that version is not indicative of all it contains.
Very interested in tonight's show, am curious if the atypical jams of Stash from 6/11 (very good) and Hood from 6/14 (not very good) continue. I appreciate they are thinking this way....

To me it sounds like Mike forgot what they were playing and he started playing Sand.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:37 PM »

Yeah composed section wasn't great, but once they hit that major jam toward the end, lift off = achieved!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »

To me it sounds like Mike forgot what they were playing and he started playing Sand.

On second listen, this is entirely plausible
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline VDB

• In the Band
Re: 2019-06-14 Bonnaroo - Post-Show Discussion
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 12:56:09 AM »
I think I'll declare this one the better of the Bonnaroo nights.

And man, Trey's chops have been better this tour than they have in a long while.
there is no explanation
it's all inside your head

de gustibus non disputandum