Register

Author Topic: 2019-06-30 BB&T Pavilion - Post Show Discussion  (Read 1106 times)

Offline pcr3

• Wrote the Book
Re: 2019-06-30 BB&T Pavilion - Post Show Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »
Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.

Hell yeah we did  :rawk:

Which also led to the Tweeprise opener at the next show, SPAC....... hmmmmmmmm.......  :smoke:

Which also led to a Tweeprise closer at that next SPAC show.  I think you're onto something...  :wtu:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.

Which also led to the Tweeprise opener at the next show, SPAC....... hmmmmmmmm.......  :smoke:

Which also led to a Tweeprise closer at that next SPAC show.  I think you're onto something...  :wtu:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »
havenít had a chance to listen to last night again yet, but any idea what licks Trey kept playing towards the end of the last few songs?  were they just signals to end the song, or was it some song iím missing?

ok just listened to those parts - was he playing a little bit of Bowie??
-Phish

Offline aphineday

• Wrote the Book
  • I'll get up and fly away...
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
havenít had a chance to listen to last night again yet, but any idea what licks Trey kept playing towards the end of the last few songs?  were they just signals to end the song, or was it some song iím missing?

ok just listened to those parts - was he playing a little bit of Bowie??
Relistening now...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »

I think it was just a theme he stumbled into during 20 Yrs Later and kept repeating later in the show... Could have been one they played in private that became an inside joke as the night went on... he kept looking at Fish who would giggle every time he played it again.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
Who is making those little water drop sounds (best way I could describe it, it kicks in at 7:11) at the beginning of the Reba jam? It sounds like it could be a Trey loop or some kind of reverb effect? It doesnt sound like he really plays with it to make a loop via the boomerang but its more of a added layer effect....Really dig it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:52:43 PM by emay »

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 07:43:52 PM »
Who is making those little water drop sounds (best way I could describe it, it kicks in at 7:11) at the beginning of the Reba jam? It sounds like it could be a Trey loop or some kind of reverb effect? It doesnt sound like he really plays with it to make a loop via the boomerang but its more of a added layer effect....Really dig it!

It's Fish with his new little electronic drum pad. That's where the random Gong comes from, too.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »

I think it was just a theme he stumbled into during 20 Yrs Later and kept repeating later in the show... Could have been one they played in private that became an inside joke as the night went on... he kept looking at Fish who would giggle every time he played it again.
ah yeah I do hear it there too.  an inside/practice room joke would make the most sense - I noticed the glances back too.  so glad they are having fun on this tour - really seem to be in their element!
-Phish

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
Just getting started with this, WOW, most legit FEFY since the 90s? Trey's tone was on point for that!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »

Yup, that happened and was pretty awesome.
Just got up off the couch to drop a deuce while the band belts out Fuckerpants.
You shouldn't shit in the living room even if it's your house. - 𝜋

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
Hot damn, this 20YL is straight nasty! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline Bobafett

• Wrote the Book
  • Needle with a prune.
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »
I will concur that this is a real muscular show.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 12:28:54 AM »
sexy setlist  :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »
It's def the first show where I felt excited with each new song they started  (first set) or even caught off guard  (second set).  In particular, was not expecting the BBFCM, the Tweezer or the CDT.  Or the WTU for that matter.  I would have put money on PYITE>Tweeprise

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »

It's Fish with his new little electronic drum pad. That's where the random Gong comes from, too.

ahh yeah. thanks!