News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-30 - Madison Square Garden New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Buffalo Budd, December 30, 2019, 11:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

About to listen for the first time, but in person that was one of the best shows I've ever seen.  Top to bottom goodness.  2nd set is an all timer imo.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Quote from: westcider on January 02, 2020, 09:39:23 AM
Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2019, 06:26:45 PM
Quote from: khalpin on December 31, 2019, 06:23:49 PM
25th anniversary of the Wilson from A Live One.  Wonder if it's coincidence that they opened with it.

the grin on trey's face told me he knew what he was doing

did they have Tribute To Jack Johnson playing when they walked out?

that was paul's handiwork

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 02, 2020, 06:20:09 PM
About to listen for the first time, but in person that was one of the best shows I've ever seen.  Top to bottom goodness.  2nd set is an all timer imo.

It was a top 5 12/30 show, for sure!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

jam>

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 02, 2020, 06:20:09 PM

I totally agree. Being in the middle of the floor for that show was just IT. The energy of that room, man.

tet

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 03, 2020, 11:36:21 AM
It was a top 5 12/30 show, for sure!

underrated comment...

was there, face maybe re-formed by now.  haven't done a proper listening but Blaze On was just as impressive as Tweezer.  plus, I was at Alpine, so my barometer consistently needs to be re-calibrated.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

susep

Been listening to Blaze On, Corinna and Tweezer most of the day.  Blaze is definitely on, sweet jam 5 songs in the first set.  Corrina long been a fav going back to the Cypress bust out.  Also played on 12/30/09 in Miami duly noted by a dot netter.  I really dig the jamming in Tweezer past 18 mins, everyone starts to listen, It begins.  The micro jam out of the Tweez reprise/Ruby theme is impressive as well, minimal Mike leads the way.  An all-time show?  "Maybe so, maybe not..."     

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."