News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-31 - Madison Square Garden New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, January 01, 2020, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

SETLIST: PHISH, TUESDAY 12/31/2019
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY

SET 1: Martian Monster, Buried Alive, AC/DC Bag, Halley's Comet > Prince Caspian > Sparkle > Axilla, Maze, Fluffhead > Rise/Come Together

SET 2: Punch You in the Eye, Wolfman's Brother > Light > Twist > Soul Planet > Mercury > Possum

SET 3: Send in the Clowns[1], First Tube, Auld Lang Syne, Sand, Drift While You're Sleeping, What's the Use?, You Enjoy Myself > Send in the Clowns

ENCORE: Tweezer Reprise, Rescue Squad[2]

[1] Phish debut, with lyrics changed to Send in the Clones; a cappella
[2] Debut
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

After reading about set III, I think I have to hold off and watch it before I just listen to it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

There was a recorded piano accompaniment to the a capella "Send In The Clones".

Similar to the JEMP set I thought that having fewer effects and toys, esp Page and Mike made for a more interesting set, YEM felt like a bit of a throwback.

Not sure I will ever replay it but I enjoyed set III in the moment.

WhatstheUse?

I still don't exactly know what went down but it sounded fun per usual.

So... Trey actually got stuck? Or was that part of the gag too?

Also, how did they not play clone?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 01, 2020, 11:46:56 AM

He was stuck as hell.

cactusfan

Quote from: mbw on January 01, 2020, 12:14:32 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 01, 2020, 11:46:56 AM

He was stuck as hell.

He was so stuck he should have busted out a Spinal Tap cover up there.

WhatstheUse?

That's what I'm gathering. For the entire 3rd set? And the rest of the band was playing on stage?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 01, 2020, 12:27:33 PM
That's what I'm gathering. For the entire 3rd set? And the rest of the band was playing on stage?

Nah, they all floated around on their platforms.  His was just stuck and they had to come get him off it after the show.  They didn't have any safety gear and it was dicey for a while.

At one point Mike was like 20 feet higher than everyone else, not on purpose it appeared.  Shit was malfunctioning, yo.

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 01, 2020, 12:27:33 PM
no the other guys were still moving up and down. All treys gear was on his platform so there was no way for them to get him down without holding up the show. It was certainly unique. All I knew is I wasn't leaving until they figured out how to get Trey down.
  Fantastic run overall. I can't remember a damn thing but I know I had an absolute blast.
Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

Will Rescue Squad make the new album?

Trey was friggin amazing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

Wow, after digesting a few videos... that must have been so WEIRD to watch live! So odd watching him play YEM on his knees and hitting his pedals with his hands.
Bring in the dude!