Register

Author Topic: 1997 Appreciation Thread  (Read 606 times)

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
Re: 1997 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2020, 11:45:33 AM »
it's been slow going as of late, but i finally made it to maine!  man, this first day is even better than i remember it!   :beers:

sweet pic!  i don't think i have a single picture from that entire summer 97 run i did.  all i cared about was the girl i was traveling with and the shows!  had such an amazing time each and every day, traveling and experiencing life.  didn't feel the need to document anything, just soak it all in.  such a different time than the instagram look at me culture of today.

In the summer of 94 I travelled from Maine to San Francisco and just about everywhere in between camping in National and State Parks along the way. I did not bring a camera. Summer of 95 I did most of summer tour with Phish. Again, no camera. It wasn't until I traveled to Asia in 96-97 that I decided to start documenting things on film.  :frustrated:
Honestly, when I'm at the show, I might snap one picture, but that's pretty rare. I do, however, take lots of pictures of the adventures and travel between shows and during the day.

Where'd you travel to in Asia? My dad teaches in China and he has some amazing pictures whenever he comes home.

Lived in Korea for a year teaching English... then traveled through China and Vietnam for about 4 months after leaving Korea.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline ph92

• In the Band
  • bag it, tag it
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2020, 11:49:44 AM »
it's been slow going as of late, but i finally made it to maine!  man, this first day is even better than i remember it!   :beers:

sweet pic!  i don't think i have a single picture from that entire summer 97 run i did.  all i cared about was the girl i was traveling with and the shows!  had such an amazing time each and every day, traveling and experiencing life.  didn't feel the need to document anything, just soak it all in.  such a different time than the instagram look at me culture of today.

In the summer of 94 I travelled from Maine to San Francisco and just about everywhere in between camping in National and State Parks along the way. I did not bring a camera. Summer of 95 I did most of summer tour with Phish. Again, no camera. It wasn't until I traveled to Asia in 96-97 that I decided to start documenting things on film.  :frustrated:
Honestly, when I'm at the show, I might snap one picture, but that's pretty rare. I do, however, take lots of pictures of the adventures and travel between shows and during the day.

Where'd you travel to in Asia? My dad teaches in China and he has some amazing pictures whenever he comes home.

Lived in Korea for a year teaching English... then traveled through China and Vietnam for about 4 months after leaving Korea.
Oh nice! Seoul? I really want to get out there sometime soon (post-covid). I got a friend who goes out to Bali/SE Asea every year for a month or so, I might have to join him!
Make America Melt Again!

FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
Oh nice! Seoul?

Suwon - just south of Seoul.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline anthrax

• Wrote the Book
  • Nos vemos en las perras de turismo el sofá!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »
we had a little virtual listening party for the last 2 sets of the summer 97 tour last night.  blasting it out in the garage as a storm rolled in.  what a great night!  no joke, all 3 of us reported getting chills during the Gin...totally independent of each other.  this band!

Offline khalpin

• In the Band
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
we had a little virtual listening party for the last 2 sets of the summer 97 tour last night.  blasting it out in the garage as a storm rolled in.  what a great night!  no joke, all 3 of us reported getting chills during the Gin...totally independent of each other.  this band!
You've probably already seen this, but if not, it's worth checking out

Offline anthrax

• Wrote the Book
  • Nos vemos en las perras de turismo el sofá!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
You've probably already seen this, but if not, it's worth checking out

been awhile for that one...i'll check it out later today.  thanks!