News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022/07/30 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post show Discussion

Started by anthrax, July 30, 2022, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

SATURDAY 07/30/2022
MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION
Columbia, MD
Soundcheck: My Soul, work on Fluffhead

SET 1: Sand, If I Could, Buried Alive > Set Your Soul Free > Llama, Halfway to the Moon, Strawberry Letter 23 -> The Lizards

SET 2: First Tube > Fuego > Sigma Oasis > Prince Caspian > Waves > Meatstick -> Simple > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg

ENCORE: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues > Character Zero

The jam out of Halfway to the Moon contained Shafty lyrics from Trey and teases from Trey and Mike. Mike teased Miss You (Rolling Stones) in Strawberry Letter 23.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 31, 2022, 08:14:44 AMSo much Fuckerpants this tour.

3 times played in 12 shows. Seems about right.

Fuego>Sigma>Caspian isn't the best look. Although they seem to be jamming Sigma pretty well this summer.

First set looks pretty sweet.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

i think this fuego jam is one of my favorite jams of the summer!

WhatstheUse?

I agree with Phish.net (as opposed to LivePhish) that they did NOT play Shafty (or Olivia's Pool)

Different tempo. Different key. Not even really the right chords played beneath the words. They just sang some of the Shafty lyrics over a jam and Trey kinda/sorta played the riff.

Judgment = NOT SHAFTY  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on July 31, 2022, 02:24:58 PMi think this fuego jam is one of my favorite jams of the summer!

Not sure if you still feel that way now that other jams have happened but this Fuego is a fucking banger. Sigma Oasis is happening in almost every show whether they sing the song or not, it's in at least one jam.

Also, I'm calling it Halfway To A Shafty. They don't really get all the way there but Phish.net has ruled that they get close enough. Whatever.

Either way, this first set is absolutely golden, imo. Don't sleep on the little jam out of Strawberry Letter...

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 05, 2022, 08:51:01 AMEither way, this first set is absolutely golden, imo. Don't sleep on the little jam out of Strawberry Letter...

I was coming to see if this had been noted, and, of course it has  :)  :)
Running behind, but this is one of the better all around shows of the tour up to this point.

The Sand, Llama (!!), Letter, Fuego, and although short and sweet, the Alumni all shine.

Also, hello again everyone....  8)
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.