Register

Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 30322 times)

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
just binged Mando.
fucking perfect.
10/10.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline ph92

• In the Band
  • bag it, tag it
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2021, 01:30:51 AM »
The Mandolorian is easily the best thing Disney has done with the Star Wars IP since they bought it. This season was no slouch.

This sparked me to watch all the cannon Star Wars material, including the TV shows. I'm working my way through the newer Clone Wars series. Even though it's for kids it's really great so far. The one from Cartoon Network in the early 2000s was amazing as well, though. 

In comparison to Disney's sorry excuse for a continuation of the trilogies, the Prequels are actually pretty good. I take back all my rage when they were the "shitty" trilogy. I know a new definition for shitty.
Make America Melt Again!

FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
Definitely don't sleep on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars mini-series and the 'movie'.
The 'for kids' element fades pretty soon in to theories and it's some great shit.
Rebels is similar. before the end of Season One, it finds its feet and by the end, it's actually pretty heavy and great. Ties in to a Mando and a lot of the upcoming stuff too, I suspect. Well worth the watch.

Here's the chronological sequence for Clone wars viewing, if that's your thing.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Also, the final season overlaps with Revenge of The Sith. I mean, there are scenes that are directly adjacent (within seconds) to scenes in the film. It's goddamned great.

Offline ph92

• In the Band
  • bag it, tag it
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2021, 05:28:49 PM »
Definitely don't sleep on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars mini-series and the 'movie'.
The 'for kids' element fades pretty soon in to theories and it's some great shit.
Rebels is similar. before the end of Season One, it finds its feet and by the end, it's actually pretty heavy and great. Ties in to a Mando and a lot of the upcoming stuff too, I suspect. Well worth the watch.

Yeah I'm only mid way through the first season of the clone wars series, so it still has the kids feel, which isn't the worst. I did not realize it was before the Revenge of the Sith, but I'll probably just rewatch that when it comes to it.

I was unsure about Rebels, but I'll give it a go as well.
Make America Melt Again!

FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2021, 05:46:46 PM »
cant forget about the Droids (theme by Stewart Copeland) & Ewoks (theme by Taj Mahal) series

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:49:33 PM by emay »

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #440 on: January 06, 2021, 08:33:48 AM »

Yeah I'm only mid way through the first season of the clone wars series, so it still has the kids feel, which isn't the worst. I did not realize it was before the Revenge of the Sith, but I'll probably just rewatch that when it comes to it.

I was unsure about Rebels, but I'll give it a go as well.

Oh, man. Revenge Of The Sith is the literal end of The Clone Wars.

cant forget about the Droids (theme by Stewart Copeland) & Ewoks (theme by Taj Mahal) series

Those are not canon.

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #441 on: January 06, 2021, 09:35:26 AM »
Yeah I was just reminiscing on those old, possibly forgotten, SW cartoons. Didn?t even see someone mention canon.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #442 on: January 06, 2021, 09:56:32 AM »

Those are not canon.

Are the two Ewok movies, Caravan of Courage and The Battle of Endor, canon? I'm thinking of buying them on DVD since Dagny has never seen them and they are not streaming anywhere.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #443 on: January 06, 2021, 01:06:43 PM »

Those are not canon.

Are the two Ewok movies, Caravan of Courage and The Battle of Endor, canon? I'm thinking of buying them on DVD since Dagny has never seen them and they are not streaming anywhere.

per wookieepedia

As of April 25, 2014, the only previously published materials that are considered canon are the six Star Wars films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and Part I of the short story Blade Squadron. Meanwhile, the Expanded Universe is no longer considered canon[1] and was re-termed as the "Legends" brand. Most Star Wars material released after April 25, 2014?with some exceptions?is composed in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, making it part of the "new canon."

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2021, 10:08:54 PM »
been rewatching the last few seasons of clone wars... so fucking good.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-