News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Claypool

Started by Casey Lenahan, March 19, 2007, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

What is your favorite Claypool Project?

I'm going to have to say Primus.
I owe Aug $20

ucusty

frog brigade or oysterhead

Casey Lenahan

yeah i was going to go with oysterhead
I owe Aug $20

susep

rowjimmy

only the record.
I thought the shows were boring.

Casey Lenahan

yeah i can see that since they played the cd in the exact order

Has anyone seen the primus dvd Hallucino-Genetics?
I owe Aug $20

emay

1.oysterhead
2.primus.

cactusfan

oysterhead.
and the first year or so of frog brigade.

was never a primus fan, though i've seen a couple shows in the past few years. some good stuff, but too monotonous for me.

what i like best about les is les. his on-stage vibe is awesome. seems like a very cool guy.

Casey Lenahan

yeah but to me he also seems like one fucked up dude lol
I owe Aug $20

thechad

I don't know I really liked the Buket of Bernies Brains, and this might be the weirdest part of Les, on stage he acts like we've all seen but the couple of festivals that I've worked where he's played he was suprisingly normal before and after the shows.  He just hung out by himself and maybe some people that came with them, band members or crew, and that was it he would just sit and watch the other bands and kept to himself.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Casey Lenahan

i guess when your that good you can  :wink:
I owe Aug $20

Hicks

IMO Les will never top this:

Although the Sausage and Oysterhead albums have their moments.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

newplanet7

Primus. Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry are stellar.  Sausage was great. Holy Mackeral I liked also. Les plays drums on a few tracks on that album. Plus I think I got the disc for $5.99. Awakening is a fun tune. Charlie Hunter does a tune on that one also called Me & Chuck. I side with rowjimmy on the Oysterhead. I didn't get into BOBB or Frog Brigade.

+k for showing Les a little love. :mrgreen:
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

cleech74

Claypool.  All aspects of his suckfest, suck.  He is one of the best, ever.  

He jams with Hendrix and Mozart.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

williaa

Primus
Oysterhead
C2B3

My friend told me this story about when his cousin met Claypool at a festival.  They went up to him to give him a pound and when claypool held his fist out, he said "potato?!?!?"  That is all.

tehdead, the hallucinogenetics DVD is awesome, that was a great tour as well, with the entire frizzle fry album being played 2nd set.