News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

#week4vinyl Rocktober 2015

Started by PIE-GUY, October 01, 2015, 07:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

Quote from: blatboom on October 04, 2015, 12:09:14 PM
did you play the new one yet? it's getting panned pretty hard so I'm nervous

I did. I actually picked it up at Barnes & Noble last weekend as my wife returned some crap.
It's OK. The single is BADASS. Kinda downhill from there, tho.
Still need some more time with it, tho.

blatboom

Caravan2001

Man, today was hard.  There were so many major contenders. The rest of my contenders are likely to make to  in this month anyway.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 04, 2015, 01:09:23 PM
Man, today was hard.  There were so many major contenders. The rest of my contenders are likely to make to  in this month anyway.
This was one of the few real puzzlers for me from the whole list. I feel good about my selection.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 04, 2015, 01:23:36 PM
This was one of the few real puzzlers for me from the whole list. I feel good about my selection.
How can you have a vinyl road trip album? Do your cars have turntables in them?  :evil:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 04, 2015, 01:31:53 PM
How can you have a vinyl road trip album? Do your cars have turntables in them?  :evil:

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 04, 2015, 01:31:53 PM

If Ali can have one, so can I......

blatboom

guys I'm drunk like always but this is super fun. definitely feel like we should run it back in a few months with some new sick categories/ been brainstorming all weekend, feel like we could each come up with a few and bam we got a new challege

Augustus

Quote from: blatboom on October 05, 2015, 12:46:38 AM
guys I'm drunk like always but this is super fun. definitely feel like we should run it back in a few months with some new sick categories/ been brainstorming all weekend, feel like we could each come up with a few and bam we got a new challege

If we all wanna keep it going, we'll just keep rolling with it each month!

mattstick

An album a day for a calendar year, we do it Survivor Pool style, once you miss a day, you're out.  Last man standing wins a record from each participant.

phil

Quote from: mattstick on October 05, 2015, 10:44:07 AM

An album a day for a calendar year, we do it Survivor Pool style, once you miss a day, you're out.  Last man standing wins a record from each participant.

Damn. I'd lose for sure but that would be pretty damn fun.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: phil on October 05, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

For a year? I travel way too much to accomplish that shit. Maybe if there was a strike system. Or if there was a check in every other Saturday to make sure you hit 14 records for every two week span. But every day would never work for me. Wouldn't last a month.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 05, 2015, 12:33:45 PM
Quote from: phil on October 05, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

For a year? I travel way too much to accomplish that shit. Maybe if there was a strike system. Or if there was a check in every other Saturday to make sure you hit 14 records for every two week span. But every day would never work for me. Wouldn't last a month.

That would definitely be a trick. Especially as it turns out my portable turntable has shit the bed.

Augustus

I figured if someone missed a day or got stumped, they wouldn't be able to write the following month's list.
I do most of my listening on the weekend, so that's my chance to listen/relax and snap some pix.
You guys think I'm spinning records at 5AM every day??

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Augustus on October 05, 2015, 01:56:45 PM
I figured if someone missed a day or got stumped, they wouldn't be able to write the following month's list.
I do most of my listening on the weekend, so that's my chance to listen/relax and snap some pix.
You guys think I'm spinning records at 5AM every day??

I'm already behind - being out in Zilker Park for ACL Fest from 7:30am until 11pm the last three days really put a hamper on my vinyl listening... and I'm doing it all again for weekend two starting this Friday.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul