News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/12/30 - 2016/01/02 - YEMSG

Started by VDB, November 13, 2015, 03:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on December 28, 2015, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 28, 2015, 08:37:12 PM
Quote from: birdman on December 28, 2015, 07:18:47 PM
It's actually my wife.
Nearly.
She attended NYE 97 while 9 months pregnant. She was a trooper .
She was also 22.  Youth goes a long way.

I guess I knew your wife was a trooper but she actually enjoyed herself at a show.
I remember my buddy saying to me at Worcester that he thought it was so cool watching you guys get down together at a show, both really enjoying themselves.
Don't get me wrong, it amazes me the Phish time you get without too much flack, just saying she still know-how to enjoy herself at a show.
She had fun when she's there. She hates it the rest of the time lol
I do consider myself lucky, she understands my obsession.  I did fall in love with phish first though. She's always been my "other" love and she knows her place.
:sbw:

Kids: "where's dad this weekend?"
Kels: "who does your daddy love more than us?"
Kids: "he's at a phish show again?"
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

pcr3

I have been cleared by my wife to get away for a show, so I'm in for 1/1. All that's left is getting down there and procuring a ticket.  :banana:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

pcr3

And now I have a ticket for 1/1. Last time I stepped into MSG was 12/31/95. I may also shit...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

zimbra

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 28, 2015, 10:11:39 PM
Quote from: birdman on December 28, 2015, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 28, 2015, 08:37:12 PM
Quote from: birdman on December 28, 2015, 07:18:47 PM
It's actually my wife.
Nearly.
She attended NYE 97 while 9 months pregnant. She was a trooper .
She was also 22.  Youth goes a long way.

I guess I knew your wife was a trooper but she actually enjoyed herself at a show.
I remember my buddy saying to me at Worcester that he thought it was so cool watching you guys get down together at a show, both really enjoying themselves.
Don't get me wrong, it amazes me the Phish time you get without too much flack, just saying she still know-how to enjoy herself at a show.
She had fun when she's there. She hates it the rest of the time lol
I do consider myself lucky, she understands my obsession.  I did fall in love with phish first though. She's always been my "other" love and she knows her place.
:sbw:

Kids: "where's dad this weekend?"
Kels: "who does your daddy love more than us?"
Kids: "he's at a phish show again?"

This was funny, ha!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

heightened security in NYC this NYE and heard they are dispatching 250 national guard troops to vegas for some anti terrorist measures  :-o

but got this email

get there early to get in and not miss that opener!

QuoteHello Phish Fans – Please be aware that for Phish's upcoming New Year's run at Madison Square Garden, the venue will be utilizing metal detectors at all venue entrances as an added safety precaution. As a result, it will take additional time to get everyone into the venue. Please help Phish and their crew keep the show on time by arriving at the venue a little earlier than you typically would for these shows.Your patience and cooperation with venue security will go a long way towards making these shows great and safe for all.Thanks, and happy holidays from everyone at Phish HQ.

kellerb

Lol I feel like procuring a ticket would be the trickiest party of YEMSG terrorism

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 29, 2015, 02:52:00 PM
heightened security in NYC this NYE and heard they are dispatching 250 national guard troops to vegas for some anti terrorist measures  :-o

but got this email

get there early to get in and not miss that opener!

QuoteHello Phish Fans – Please be aware that for Phish's upcoming New Year's run at Madison Square Garden, the venue will be utilizing metal detectors at all venue entrances as an added safety precaution. As a result, it will take additional time to get everyone into the venue. Please help Phish and their crew keep the show on time by arriving at the venue a little earlier than you typically would for these shows.Your patience and cooperation with venue security will go a long way towards making these shows great and safe for all.Thanks, and happy holidays from everyone at Phish HQ.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: pcr3 on December 29, 2015, 01:20:52 PM
And now I have a ticket for 1/1. Last time I stepped into MSG was 12/31/95. I may also shit...

Nice!
Bring in the dude!

VDB

All packed!

My wife will be alongside me, as she has been since 2003; I'm proud to say her jadedness even makes me look like the dewy-eyed n00b sometimes.
Is this still Wombat?

August

emay

Damn friends are stuck in Atlanta saying they can't get to NYC til 1/1 now with all the delays and cancellations

Have fun everyone be safe! I'll be there in spirit

WhatstheUse?

On my way to NYC!

Still ISO a ticket (or 2) for tomorrow!
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: anthrax on December 20, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
the over/under for the number of chilling thrilling songs played during the new years run is set at 3.

push!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on January 03, 2016, 01:58:13 PM
the over/under for the number of chilling thrilling songs played during the new years run is set at 3.

push!

Good call.

I must say, I love these songs if they are jammed -> into or sandwiched in a jam or just plain used as jam vehicles.... But they played all 3 (Dogs, Martian Monster, Pet Cat) stand alone this weekend which was just odd to me. They aren't even really 'songs' - just themes so a 3 minute version doesn't really appeal to me.
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 03, 2016, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: anthrax on January 03, 2016, 01:58:13 PM

push!

Good call.

I must say, I love these songs if they are jammed -> into or sandwiched in a jam or just plain used as jam vehicles.... But they played all 3 (Dogs, Martian Monster, Pet Cat) stand alone this weekend which was just odd to me. They aren't even really 'songs' - just themes so a 3 minute version doesn't really appeal to me.

Yeah i enjoy martiAn monster stand alone honestly. I like the birds they attack teases in songs too and the my pet cat in bbfcfm in mpp but stand alone versions of those are weird. I'm not even a big fan Of dogs