News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Dexter

Started by GBL, October 06, 2008, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

I am really into this show but the acting really throws me off sometimes.  I've found some episodes to be tough to finish but then they end with such a cliffhanger i watch the next episode.  I'm 1 or 2 episodes behind from being completely caught up on season 5.  Can't really decide if i like where this one is going.  I just hope no conflict happens between Masuka and Dexter because Masuka really helps make the show, IMO.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

aphineday

This season is pretty interesting, really developing the characters. Just when you think one thing...
I'm hoping they take this somewhere cool and don't just build, build, build then quick end the season. That happens way too much in shows these days.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

We're about 4 weeks behind on Dexter.  :frustrated:

Dagny has been having way too much homework. Damn you Grad School! ::Shakes fist in general direction of downtown::
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 15, 2010, 11:17:59 AM
We're about 4 weeks behind on Dexter.  :frustrated:

Dagny has been having way too much homework. Damn you Grad School! ::Shakes fist in general direction of downtown::

I'm also quite behind. One lazy day and I should be up to speed.

I ordered showtime this fall just so I could watch dexter on sundays. I've only seen one.  :frustrated:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

We waited until we finished some other shows and had some of this season banked up before starting... watched episode one and I'm not crazy stoked to go on.

Tell me this gets better.

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2010, 12:40:44 PM
We waited until we finished some other shows and had some of this season banked up before starting... watched episode one and I'm not crazy stoked to go on.

It does.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

ytowndan

Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 12:49:46 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2010, 12:40:44 PM

It does.

Yes, it does.  I spilled a lot of hate during the first few episodes, but things weren't what they seemed.  I doubt this will beat last season with Lithgow, but unless they really screw something up, it will be a good one. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

DoW

it's a very well written season but very slow.  you don't leave an episode waiting to see what happens because you see what is happening and just waiting for it to get there.

I'm left just waiting for this season to play itself out and waiting for next season already.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

DoW

predictable but season finale should be good next week.
very short episode this week and a lot to take care of next week.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

zimbra

Quote from: bvaz on December 05, 2010, 09:50:06 PM
predictable but season finale should be good next week.
very short episode this week and a lot to take care of next week.

Just finished tonight's episode.  As you said it it pretty predictable but still remains to be entertaining and somewhat suspenseful.  So glad they killed off Rita, Lumen is way prettier and a much better actress.

Edit:

Just finished tonight's episode.  As you said it it pretty predictable but still remains to be entertaining and somewhat suspenseful +one of the better seasons of Dexter I have seen besides season 1.  So glad they killed off Rita, Lumen is way prettier and a much better actress.

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

I've really changed my tune since the beginning of this season.  Unless this finale sucks ass, this one will beat out last season IMO. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

Quote from: zimbra on December 06, 2010, 03:09:04 AM
So glad they killed off Rita

This.

Rita was an insufferable bitch.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Quote from: phil on December 06, 2010, 09:24:26 AM

This.

Her acting and character were both equivalent in the  awful category.
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Quote from: zimbra on December 07, 2010, 06:38:12 AM

This.

Hot tho.

zimbra

Quote from: McGrupp on December 08, 2010, 09:30:45 AM
Quote from: zimbra on December 07, 2010, 06:38:12 AM

This.

Hot tho.

Meh.

Lumen=FTW!
- Trey Anastasio