News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

IT just came in the mail today, pretty soon this will be the last music DVD i watched  :-D
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

qop24

got around to watching the first disc of "IT" last night.

Given that i've never seen/heard these shows before, i was kinda surprised that it was just certain songs, not a straight up 2 concert compilation. Regardless, I am always a nerd for band interviews and some of their insights were cool but here's the main thing I took away: to all of the 3.0 haters, watch the first 5 seconds of Trey talking during ANY of those interviews. That is a sad, shameful, hopeless looking/sounding individual. I appreciate 3.0 that much more after seeing him in such a horrible state, going from that to jumping around the stage and flailing his arms around with joy at portsmouth this summer is quite a leap for a person to take. That takes some serious soul searching and effort, and like I said, I have a much stronger appreciation for how lucky we all are to have them back in action, even if every song of every show doesn't sound like (insert year from the 90's here).
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

TimberLodge

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Montreau 83 & 85 (Documentary)

this is great

khalpin

Quote from: TimberLodge on October 07, 2010, 03:48:00 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Montreau 83 & 85 (Documentary)

this is great
Sounds interesting.  How much of it is uncut live performance? 

TimberLodge

It's mostly documentary with clips here and there. But, it comes as part of the Montreau SRV dvd set. so you can watch both performances after watching the documentary. Very cool to see the difference from the first time they played there in '83 (in which they got booed!) and the second. Both are great performances, but the second... Stevie just rips. It's impressive...

khalpin

Quote from: TimberLodge on October 08, 2010, 10:34:15 AM
It's mostly documentary with clips here and there. But, it comes as part of the Montreau SRV dvd set. so you can watch both performances after watching the documentary. Very cool to see the difference from the first time they played there in '83 (in which they got booed!) and the second. Both are great performances, but the second... Stevie just rips. It's impressive...

Thanks, just added it to the queue.

mopper_smurf

Joe Satriani
Montreux Jazz Festival 1988/07/15 (bonus disc of the legacy edition of Surfing with the Alien), which I picked up for 2 Euros this week  :-D)

Don't let the crappy YouTube vid fool you. This is serious :rawk:  :rawk:  :rawk: stuff.

Setlist

Ice 9
Memories
Midnight
Rubina
Circles
Lords of Karma
Bass Solo
Echo
Hordes of Locusts
Always with Me, Always with You
Satch Boogie

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones

Mick Taylor has the stage presence of a depressed accountant, but he let his guitar wail and sing.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

:phish:

QuoteTuesday, 12/02/2003
FleetCenter, Boston, MA
Set 1: Harry Hood, Cavern, Birds of a Feather, Ya Mar, Horn, Piper, Anything But Me, Water in the Sky, Down with Disease
Set 2: Rock and Roll -> Weekapaug Groove -> Tweezer Reprise > Frankenstein -> Kung -> Frankenstein, All of These Dreams, The Wedge, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Cities > Maze, Waste
Encore: Bug

def one of my fav 2.0, I Had a blast 7yrs ago yesterday.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

khalpin

Both awesome and hilariously excessive.  I just couldn't turn it off.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

John Cale "03". A snippet can be found on Vimeo

A documentary that got shelved by EMI in 2003. Director was really, really pissed. My John Cale site is credited during the end credits.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Graham Parker & The Figgs - Live at the F.T.C.
Twitter | FB | Instagram