News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: zimbra on May 25, 2011, 02:51:53 PM
Akron/Family
Portland, OR
9-8-09

Totally forgot I let you borrow that! I was looking for it the other day. Bring it when you come to to your moms.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on October 27, 2011, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 27, 2011, 12:10:56 PM
Black Country Communion - "Live Over Europe"

Europe? Three shows in Germany actually. Good good ol' rawk stuff. Bass player/singer Glenn Hughes is 60 years old, but has has no trouble reaching the hightnotes.
The guys on That Metal Show always rave about Black Country Communion.  I should get around to checking them out.

You should. Here's a clip from "Man in the Middle".  Audio synchronization blows - it's fine on the actual product.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

blatboom

mopper_smurf

2011 Electric Garden Prog Festival DVD

Underground prog from the UK plus one band from Italy. A labor of love, with some good stuff inside.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live in Texas '78

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Trifecta ...

U2 Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky  :rawk:  :rawk: :rawk:

Finally picked up this DVD for only to 2 Euros. Worn out the VHS ages ago.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

gah

RAQ- some show from 2006, found it yesterday in my place. Someone must have brought it over at some point. Any RAQ fans? pm, and you can have it. It was decent, just not my thing.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Lifeboy

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 22, 2011, 10:12:08 AM
RAQ- some show from 2006, found it yesterday in my place. Someone must have brought it over at some point. Any RAQ fans? pm, and you can have it. It was decent, just not my thing.

boom!

thanks a ton, GAH!   :beers:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

gah

Quote from: Lifeboy on December 22, 2011, 10:24:06 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on December 22, 2011, 10:12:08 AM

boom!

thanks a ton, GAH!   :beers:

You're welcome. I usually don't do random acts of kindness when the recipient is a Cowboys fan, but it is the holidays.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:beers:

Mr. Natural

I love when there's footage of the culture surrounding the concert, like the 'protester' picketting outside the bowling alley. And the long, slow shots across the stage floor while the band soundchecks / warms up. I'd never been much of a fan of electric versions of HEAR MY TRAIN A'COMIN, but this one really got me. Lots of great playing, but there's something Jimi does towards the end of VOODOO CHILD that is otherworldly.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Mr. Natural

I love the second side of THE JOSHUA TREE, and the performances of those songs on here are full-on. I was thinking that they changed the way they played when Danile Lanois produced the UNFORGETTABLE FIRE - he tends to make sure every little sound reached the fullest spectrum of its expression, which is a little disparate for rockNroll, imho. So to hear those songs with a live rockNroll mix (everything to the front) was pretty fuckin' awesome.

My favorite pomposity - After BB King tells Bono he writes "some pretty heavy lyrics," Bono gets a copy of them and reads them back to BB anyway. Y'know, just in case he didn't know how heavy they are.

barnesy305

Quote from: Mr. Natural on December 28, 2011, 01:31:48 PM
I love the second side of THE JOSHUA TREE, and the performances of those songs on here are full-on. I was thinking that they changed the way they played when Danile Lanois produced the UNFORGETTABLE FIRE - he tends to make sure every little sound reached the fullest spectrum of its expression, which is a little disparate for rockNroll, imho. So to hear those songs with a live rockNroll mix (everything to the front) was pretty fuckin' awesome.

My favorite pomposity - After BB King tells Bono he writes "some pretty heavy lyrics," Bono gets a copy of them and reads them back to BB anyway. Y'know, just in case he didn't know how heavy they are.

In God's Country is awesome in that flick.

mopper_smurf

Primus - Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People

Twitter | FB | Instagram

gah

Don't Start Me talking: The Junior Wells Story - this is up for grabs if there's any junior wells or blues fan interested in it. just pm me.

Live at Oak Mountain, Widespread Panic

Mr. Natural

The performances are great, but so are the documentary portions. Some good footage of the hot-tempered buisness man I'd always read about Bill Graham being.