News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What would you say?

Started by rowjimmy, November 20, 2008, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

So, I just saw Speaker Pelosi at Starbucks this morning. I knew she was in there as I walked up because her Secret Service detail was hovering around the entrance.

Walked in and there she was alone in the shop so I lined up behind her. when she turned to leave with her beverage, I smiled and simply told her to keep up the good work. She smiled, said thanks and left.

What would you have said in that ten second window?

khalpin

Can you score me Hampton tickets?

sophist

Your city has more pot shops than Starbucks, when is that gonna happen here?   :wink:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

antelope19

Funny, I always wonder what I'd say when face to face with any sort of "celebrity".  I'd like to think I would keep my cool and make a comment such as yours.  I think you did just fine.  As for me, I'd probably say something stupid and then feel stupid about it for the next week.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

::hands her cocktail napkin::

Back Door Beauty?

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Sooooooo......do you come here often?

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on November 20, 2008, 08:56:39 AM
Sooooooo......do you come here often?

I already know the answer to that question.

antelope19

I honestly thought this was going to be a dave mathews band thread.

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on November 20, 2008, 09:22:29 AM
I honestly thought this was going to be a dave mathews band thread.

that crossed my mind after I typed the topic...

mattstick

You can't really present any sort of valid political argument in the time frame that you had... so I probably would have thanked her for her service and offered to buy her $6 latte.

rowjimmy

$6 latte?

I got a latte and breakfast for less than $6.

mattstick

The Canadian dollar is pretty weak right now.   :-D

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill