News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

BROKERS and such?

Started by VA $l!m, November 25, 2008, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

so, does anyone have any experience with any of these online brokers?
i'm just lost as to which one might be more reliable than the next.

also, i'm a little confused about sites like stubhub... stubhub is individuals selling tickets like ebay right? and not a broker?

one more thing:
i know the phish pre-order lottery tickets wont be mailed out until february, but is it the same for ticketmaster?
i'm assuming there are some hard copy tickets issued already, at least the ones that were bought from an outlet, right?
since most of the tickets wont be mailed until right before the show makes thing s alot schetchier when trying to get them online.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

There were no outlet sales.
TM physical tickets will not be printed and shipped until 2 weeks prior to the event.

Guyute123

Ticketsnow seems to have a good guaratee.  That's where I got my tickets for Fri and Sat.  Luckily I got Sun through TM.  They have a $100.00 off if you sign up for amex blue.  I did, and they accidently set me 2 $100.00 gift cards, so it worked out well. 

WhatstheUse?

ebay seems to have better prices than ticketsnow and stubhub...

they have gone down a bit too in the last month....
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 25, 2008, 09:05:08 PM
ebay seems to have better prices than ticketsnow and stubhub...

they have gone down a bit too in the last month....

That's true, but if you go with one of the biggies (ticketsnow, stubhub) you know you will get the tix, and with ebay, you run the risk of dealing with a flake/crook.  Although I have bought tons of tix on ebay without a prob.  Thing is, with those services, they charge a fee over what the advertised price is.  For stubhub I think it is 20%, so if you go to buy a ticket that they have listed at $300, when you go to check out, it will come up as $360......same with ticketsnow..  I have used both services though (and a number of others) with 100% results...I might have to have my wife get an AMEX Blue, cause we still need Saturdays....

Guyute123

That's why I went with ticketsnow.  I'm not taking any risks with ebay.  It's been way too long and I can't miss this.

birdman

I went with stubhub for Friday night. Jumped in as soon as ticketmaster sold out... $200, seems like a deal now.
I've never been scamed by stubhub, but I can't say the same Ebay.
Paug FTMFW!

emay

another thing ive noticed with ebay is the tickets might be 150 each, but there is still a couple days left in the bidding. so by the end of the bidding it will prob be up to or even more than the tickets on stubhub or ticketsnow

Declan

Phish Hampton (2) 3 Day Pass (6 Ticket Total) ALL SHOWS
2 Tickets For Each Night! SOLD OUT SHOW!!
   12 Bids   $1,475.00   +$10.00   2d 4h 38m

whoever is selling these is a savage.

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

whyweigh5.0

I've noticed a lot of those brokers and ticketsnow also charge insane tax fees.  One of the places I looked at added 50 bucks to the price for tax
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

Anyone who bids days early on an ebay auction is a newb that deserves to get fucked.

Caravan2001

Fri and Sat tix are going for $250-$300 on ebay, beter than they were.  Services are all about $350 at this point.  Better than it was.......You can pretty much get a 3 day pass for $900 right now.  If I didn't have Friday and Sunday I would just do that....I am waiting and watching auctions right now for my Sat tickets.  I hope they announce more shows in january, so I don't have to cut it so close....I don;t know how much tix are going to drop at that point though, I can't imagine they will go down a ton.....

Guyute123

They aren't going to drop much at this point.  If anything they may go back up once tickets get more scarce.

messengerbird

Good luck to you all. I am keeping my eyes and ears open for everyone.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

VA $l!m

Quote from: Declan on November 28, 2008, 02:57:10 PM
Phish Hampton (2) 3 Day Pass (6 Ticket Total) ALL SHOWS
2 Tickets For Each Night! SOLD OUT SHOW!!
   12 Bids   $1,475.00   +$10.00   2d 4h 38m

whoever is selling these is a savage.

actually, that averages out to less than $250 a ticket, which is below average as of now...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-