News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

has anyone ever taken a dog on tour with them?

Started by whyweigh5.0, January 26, 2009, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

I am considering the thought.  Its just too hard to have someone watch over my one dog Micco here at home as he can be a handful for someone not used to a pretty hands on dog.  And no, im not talking about puppy pulling in lot.  I would look into boarding places at each stop... and try to minimize the time he is at these places to just a few hours.. just long enough for me to go to the shows.

has anyone done this?  horror stories?  I wont go this route if im not certain it will be safe for my dog
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

Dogs + lots = bad news
I know you said that you aim to board the dog in each city but that will get expensive and unpleasant for both you and the dog.
You still have plenty of time to work out a safe and friendly place for your pet to stay while you travel...
I encourage you to do so.

birdman

Don't bring your dog if you want to be certain he'll be safe.
Paug FTMFW!

whyweigh5.0

thats the way I am leaning right now.. paying someone to watch him here at home.  But thats a long time and my dog is pretty attached to me.. which is the only reason i was thinking about bringing him with. Then we can still spend a lot of time together each day
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Declan

no way weigh...

save to pooch the hassle, but it may also be tough to find someone to watch him at home...

to bad there isnt a miami show, i know Waggle Bros is a great doggy resort down there.

good luck  8-)
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Declan

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on January 26, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
thats the way I am leaning right now.. paying someone to watch him here at home.  But thats a long time and my dog is pretty attached to me.. which is the only reason i was thinking about bringing him with. Then we can still spend a lot of time together each day

well...

i guess if you could find a decent boarding place... but like rj said...

it might not be the nicest place  :|

i just find it hard to go away like that when you know there is a dog just sitting there wondering where did he go/?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 26, 2009, 03:18:24 PM
Dogs + lots = bad news
I know you said that you aim to board the dog in each city but that will get expensive and unpleasant for both you and the dog.
You still have plenty of time to work out a safe and friendly place for your pet to stay while you travel...
I encourage you to do so.

q4t

whyweigh5.0

and i would NOT just take him to any place I find.  I would check that place out like I was screening for a babysitter for my child.  And if I didnt find an acceptable place I would suck it up and miss that show

alcoholandcoffeebeans

sometimes people lose the dogs on lots to SWEET people...

sucks...

i'd find someone to take care of him...

i can only imagine how hard it would be to have him on the lot.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

whyweigh5.0

just to be clear.. I do not intend on having him in the lots at all.  I am in complete agreement with dogs+lots=bad news

McGrupp

Just know that there is a clause in Tour Rules that states that:

If your canine's name is anything other than Marley or Kaya, you waive their rights to that name for the extent of the tour, and they shall thus assume the name Marley or Kaya.

It's in the fine print.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whyweigh5.0

birdman

Quote from: McGrupp on January 26, 2009, 03:33:50 PM

If your canine's name is anything other than Marley or Kaya, you waive their rights to that name for the extent of the tour, and they shall thus assume the name Marley or Kaya.

It's in the fine print.
Funny thing is...my dogs name is Kaya :roll:
Paug FTMFW!

McGrupp

Quote from: birdman on January 26, 2009, 04:36:11 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 26, 2009, 03:33:50 PM

It's in the fine print.
Funny thing is...my dogs name is Kaya :roll:

Then you're in luck!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.