News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

music player for system 9.2

Started by Hokker, May 04, 2005, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokker

I am looking for a music player for system 9.2. Apple seems to pull any old versions of iTunes off their site. Can one of you mac experts help me out?
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

jedifunk

take a look and see if you can find macamp, thats what i used to use back in the day.  or mp3rage is another good one if i recall.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hokker

I know they had itunes for sys 9 any ideas where to look?
― Friedrich Nietzsche

― Frank Zappa

jedifunk

got any older install discs?  look on those.  i dont think i do anymore.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Hokker

sorry, That link worked like a charm. Now I just have to get a new ethernet cable for my daughter's imac. I am still trying to get her e-mail working but even with all the right settings in the easy to set up mac it won't freaking work. I just wish it was as easy as windows!

Please excuse the personal bias
― Friedrich Nietzsche

― Frank Zappa

tet

in case you don't have it already, www.versiontracker.com  -- just browse for OS 9 apps, you'll find tons of stuff.

you should consider a new Mac at some point soon, however... OS 9 has been dead for years and doesn't have much longer of a future.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Hokker

The only reason I have any macs is because my Mom gives us her old ones when they get new ones. The iMac she got for us for like 100 bucks. I am a dedicated windows guy and the mac is way to hrd to do stuff with(for me) and the hardware and software are way too expensive for me. Everything is like 3 times the price and they do not play well with the other 99% of the world. Heck windows always includes appletalk to try to make it easy but Steve Jobs' ego won't let it happen. Then again as you have read in my posts I am a crackpot.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

― Frank Zappa

tet

well, running an OS that is 6 years old isn't going to give you a good idea of where the Mac is nowadays...  we're up to OS X 10.4, a whole other world of computing.  new Macs aren't expensive, you can get one with the latest OS and software for just $500.  and there's lots more software for OS X than anything before since it will run virtually any UNIX app.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish