News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GAMBLING POOL FOR HAMPTON

Started by Superfreakie, February 12, 2009, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Okay folks, this should be interesting, here is a gambling pool with a real prize (not some free download) that I am going to provide and it doesn't cost anything to play. First the rules. I am going to list a bunch of songs below. You have to choose what night at Hampton they will each be played. Obviously some probably won't be played at all, but this doesn't matter in the running of this game. The winner is he or she who gets the most right. Now I am aware that there could be ties. In the case of a tie, out of those who tied only, the prize will go to the individual who got the most right on one night. If we still have a tie, for the individuals that tie at this level, the win will go to he or she who has the most right for the second night. If we still have a tie (hopefully not) I will award 2 points to each encore that the person had on their list. If this is still not settled, I will award 1st set openers with two points and if still not sorted, 2 points to second set openers. If still not settled then two points for Mike songs on the right night. If still not settled then two points for Page songs on the right night. Hopefully, this is far as we will need to go with ties breakers. If not, the final decider will be your karma (+) points divided by your (-) points. If you have zero (-) then you divide by one. The highest amount of points wins.   

As for the prize, it will consist of a miracle to a show of mine and your choosing, dependent on what I have and where you can attend (not the Fox though) summer tour or it will be Phish merchandise. This will be provided by me and obviously determined by the winner's ability to travel or if they already possess the merchandise (in which case they will select something of equal value). And no, it will not be a lousy key chain. That being said, to play the game, you will need a physical address to which I can send you the prize, so no homeless people. Again, this does not cost anything. So below are the songs, slot them into nights. You can only play once and no edits are allowed. If you edit your post, no matter the day, you are automatically disqualified, no if ands or buts. Also, by the Wednesday after Hampton, you will have to re-post how may points you got at the first deciding level, therefore not counting the extra points that are awarded for encores, openers or individual acts. I ask this because we may get a lot of responses and I do not have the time to calculate all the points. However, with the person(s) that win(s) or tie, I will verify the points. If ties, then I will break it down by the point system. 

Bouncing around the room
Sparkle
Divided Sky
David Bowie
Simple (will be considered a Mike song)
YEM
Mikes
Hydrogen
Weekapaug
Harry Hood
Lawn Boy
Velvet sea (For the record, I hate this song) (will be considered a Page song)
Stash
Ya Mar
Tweezer
My Sweet One
The Curtain
Twist Around
Fluffhead
Split Open and Melt
Wilson
LLama
Antelope
Golgi
Ghost
Down with Disease
Piper
Reba
Funky Bitch
Possum
Poor Heart
Train Song
Gumbo
Seven Below
Waves

GOOD LUCK PHREAKS

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Phunkaddict

This look like fun, +k for anything to pass the time till Hampton. I think I'm past the point where I can stop thinking about it...

I hate Velvet Sea too. I enjoyed it once, the first time I heard it @ Va Beach
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Ri©h

What's up with the hate for Velvet Sea?   :roll:

Superfreakie

Quote from: Rich on February 12, 2009, 08:03:26 PM

Velvet Sea blows and if you don't hate it, then you don't like Phish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Velvet sea is akin to being kicked in the balls :-o
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 12, 2009, 08:32:23 PM
Quote from: Rich on February 12, 2009, 08:03:26 PM

Velvet Sea blows and if you don't hate it, then you don't like Phish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Velvet sea is akin to being kicked in the balls :-o

Wrong.

G. Augusto

Phunkaddict

Some don't like Caspian, Bouncin, Friday... whatever your fancy. Velvet Sea is the last song on my list of songs I want Phish to play, right after Water in the Sky.

Caravan2001

I use to HATE Velveeta Cheese......I have sorta turned around lately, there are some OK versions, like Cypress.  I guess it is all set and setting.  I recently got more into it because I started listening to the words....Still, I will always take a rocker,. almost any rocker, over a ballad....nice game, superfreaky, I'll play....I just have to figure it out

fauxpaxfauxreal

Velvet sea would be a lot better without the annoying siren/loop.

Caravan2001

Bouncing around the room-2
Sparkle-3
Divided Sky-1
David Bowie-1
Simple (will be considered a Mike song)-2
YEM-2
Mikes-3
Hydrogen-3
Weekapaug-3
Harry Hood-1
Lawn Boy-2
Velvet sea (For the record, I hate this song) (will be considered a Page song)-3
Stash-1
Ya Mar-2
Tweezer-2
My Sweet One-2
The Curtain-1
Twist Around-1
Fluffhead-3
Split Open and Melt-2
Wilson-1
LLama-2
Antelope-3
Golgi-1
Ghost-2
Down with Disease-1
Piper-2
Reba-3
Funky Bitch-2
Possum-1
Poor Heart-2
Train Song-3
Gumbo-2
Seven Below-2
Waves-3

Bring it bitches, I'm taking this one to the bank  :samurai:

Phunkaddict

Page loosing it at Coventry will always come to mind when I hear Velvet Sea now... not the best Phish memory to trigger.

rowjimmy

Quote from: 97phunkaddict on February 12, 2009, 08:56:39 PM
Page loosing it at Coventry will always come to mind when I hear Velvet Sea now... not the best Phish memory to trigger.

Yet it was that version that revealed the true meaning of the song to me.

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 12, 2009, 09:06:17 PM

while it was obviously painful for everyone at the time, 5 years later i feel differently about it.
i kinda now see it as a beautiful thing. all of phish's 20+ years wrapped up into that one raw uncontrollable emotion from Page.
heavy.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Superfreakie

Quote from: redrum on February 12, 2009, 09:16:46 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 12, 2009, 09:06:17 PM

while it was obviously painful for everyone at the time, 5 years later i feel differently about it.
i kinda now see it as a beautiful thing. all of phish's 20+ years wrapped up into that one raw uncontrollable emotion from Page.
heavy.

Okay people, this is about gambling and not the merits, or lack thereof, of Wading in the Velvet Sea's emotional weight. Now get back to gambling..........   

Hicks

So this thing is kind of like a fantasy sports league, except for Phish huh?

Genius idea, we could call it Phantasy Shows or something.  I can't believe nobody has thought of this before!!!!!!

oh, wait, nevermind.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.