News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Come Clean. How much did you pay for Hampton?

Started by G. Augusto, February 16, 2009, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

What did you pay for each night (if you paid over face.)
CUST it up.
a

PhishPhan

Condolences for those who didn't win the lottery and had to pay hundreds. Luckily I got Sunday from the lottery.

phg

$280 for Friday (stubhub) + $150 for Sunday

I'll probably be willing to pay up to 200 for a Saturday ticket, if I can find one at Hampton.

truthfully, I'm a bit ashamed of myself, as I probably should be.  I'll get over it, though.  thankfully I've managed to get all of my summer tix for face.

jedifunk

i just don't see a phish concert being worth that... i'm glad you are happy and stoked to see them, but i'd personally rather throw down 150 for a great meal at a great restaurant.  thats just me
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

G. Augusto

Quote from: jedifunk on February 16, 2009, 03:28:45 PM
i just don't see a phish concert being worth that... i'm glad you are happy and stoked to see them, but i'd personally rather throw down 150 for a great meal at a great restaurant.  thats just me

What if the shows were in Minni?

jedifunk

what does that have to do with anything?  i'd still be paying 150 for a ticket.

so i guess the answer is still the same... thats too much for a phish show.  then again, if it were in minni, i doubt i'd be ticketless
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

redrum

it's funny you make that comparison jedi, not that anyone has the "correct" answer but on that gd radio show the other day a caller called in to say pretty much the opposite.

they were talking about the price of "the dead" tickets, and dude was all like "i could go to a resaturant and blow that money on a nice meal only to shit it out the next day. but if i spend that money on a great show it will provide me with memories that will last a lifetime."

i found it interesting.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

G. Augusto

Quote from: jedifunk on February 16, 2009, 03:31:50 PM
what does that have to do with anything?  i'd still be paying 150 for a ticket.

so i guess the answer is still the same... thats too much for a phish show.  then again, if it were in minni, i doubt i'd be ticketless

Are you going to Hampton?

When I saw that they were playing Jones Beach (aside from it being a smaller venue), I knew that there was no way that I'd miss those shows.
It's a hometown show for me.
I got lucky and got tickets thru the lottery, but if I didn't, I'd shell out some l00t.
a

rowjimmy

phg

I realize buying from scalpers is wrong, and I don't plan on making a habit of it.  That being said, if we're just talking about how one chooses to spend their money, I would definitely eat ramen and toast at home for a few weeks if it meant I could see a Phish show.  I'll eat a fancy meal on my birthday.

G. Augusto

Quote from: phg on February 16, 2009, 03:39:11 PM
I realize buying from scalpers is wrong, and I don't plan on making a habit of it.  That being said, if we're just talking about how one chooses to spend their money, I would definitely eat ramen and toast at home for a few weeks if it meant I could see a Phish show.  I'll eat a fancy meal on my birthday.

Wendy's isn't that fancy.
a

redrum

and what if they play on your birthday?

edit:

Quote from: G. Augusto on February 16, 2009, 03:40:05 PM

depends what you're comparing it to.

---

phg

Quote from: G. Augusto on February 16, 2009, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: phg on February 16, 2009, 03:39:11 PM

a

but Perkin's is!

jedifunk

i agree that what a concert is worth is completely subjective.

me personally?  after all the shows i've seen to pay more than face (which is already too much for a phish show) is too much.

i also firmly believe that i've had dining experiences that far exceed what i've experienced at some concerts, as well as leaving me with a lifetime of memories.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

redrum

Quote from: jedifunk on February 16, 2009, 03:42:27 PM
me personally?  after all the shows i've seen to pay more than face (which is already too much for a phish show) is too much.

face is "too much"?

what do you think it should be?

---