News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Stage props/construction @ Hampton

Started by mattstick, March 03, 2009, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 03, 2009, 08:55:12 PM
but I don't want anyone coming up to me and making a similar offer with my girlfriend standing right there. I just wanna get there, get inside, and enjoy the show.

ya, def make sure your girlfriend IS NOT around when you take up some dude's offer like that for your extra.  :wink:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Mr Minor

Quote from: dsotmrw on March 03, 2009, 10:34:43 PM
Quote from: Blaise on March 03, 2009, 09:52:23 PM
you guys really think it will be that bad, in terms of ticketless hordes showing up?  I mean...  obviously I have no experience, and then especially since the venue only holds like 10 grand, but like...  I donno. 

For some reason I guess I just keep thinking/expecting that it will be a calm, event-less weekend, in terms of shit fucking up like gatecrashing, etc.

Gumbo, I can't wait for you to go to these shows. Honestly, I'm really excited for you. If I was going I would want to make sure to be next to you when those lights go down.

But ya, I fully expect shit to be batshit crazy outside. Of the friends I have going many are lacking a night and are trying to crash the party by any means possible. Most of my friends are on the tamer side so I can;t imagina what others are planning. Your eyes are going to pop when you hit lot as well. I'm on a ph'er, no vet status here, but even alpine 04 I had people offer to sick my duck for a ticket. And this is a whole nother ballgame.

Uh... I'm just trying to have a nice and relatively quiet time with my girlfriend. If we just want to chill in the Coliseum before showtime, away from insanity, would it be a problem? I don't know exactly what to expect, but I don't want anyone coming up to me and making a similar offer with my girlfriend standing right there. I just wanna get there, get inside, and enjoy the show. Is this feasible if we just keep to ourselves and stay out of the way?

This makes it sound like it is going to be a dangerous situation.  We should all remember we are there to enjoy ourselves.  The trouble you find is the trouble you look for in the lot. 

Mr Minor

Quote from: redrum on March 04, 2009, 11:49:51 AM
but I don't want anyone coming up to me and making a similar offer with my girlfriend standing right there. I just wanna get there, get inside, and enjoy the show.

ya, def make sure your girlfriend IS NOT around when you take up some dude's offer like that for your extra.  :wink:

:lol:

sophist

unless you are trying the Constanza method of break-ups. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on March 04, 2009, 11:59:36 AM

That can back-fire, tho.

mattstick

Quote from: dsotmrw on March 03, 2009, 10:34:43 PM
Uh... I'm just trying to have a nice and relatively quiet time with my girlfriend. If we just want to chill in the Coliseum before showtime, away from insanity, would it be a problem? I don't know exactly what to expect, but I don't want anyone coming up to me and making a similar offer with my girlfriend standing right there. I just wanna get there, get inside, and enjoy the show. Is this feasible if we just keep to ourselves and stay out of the way?

I think this insanity is a little overblown.  For the most part people will be happy and having fun, drinking and catching up on old times - would you be comfortable at an NFL football game tailgate with your girlfriend?

Blaise

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 04, 2009, 02:02:42 PM

That can back-fire, tho.

I think its pronounced menage a trois?

ytowndan

Quote from: Blaise on March 04, 2009, 03:44:17 PM

That can back-fire, tho.

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on March 04, 2009, 03:48:08 PM
Quote from: Blaise on March 04, 2009, 03:44:17 PM

That can back-fire, tho.

She was... into it.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Strange things are afoot at The Mothership.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Caravan2001

What Hicks said.  I have changed my hotel from Newport News to next to the venue.  I am (hopefully!) landing at 4:15, driving to the hotel and getting in line for the show.  I will have plenty of time to check the lot scene all weekend, Especially since now my hotel is on it.  COuld be a big mistake, but I was not too stoked about driving every night, even though the Newport News crew has a charter bus......

Caravan2001

Also, this will absolutely be the single most hectic entry ever...Even more than the great squish fest of '93 (Colgate) or Pink Floyd '89 at Giants Stadium