News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

stuff us n00bs should know about Phish shows?

Started by Gumbo72203, March 03, 2009, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 04, 2009, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: dsotmrw on March 04, 2009, 09:48:31 AM
If I want to beat as much traffic as possible, what would be the best time to get there? Will it be a huge jam right at 2 or can I wait two or three hours and still have an easy enough drive?

Honestly, I expect that it is going to be bad all day.

tet

Quote from: antelope19 on March 04, 2009, 09:58:16 AM
They're going to be checking every person in every car for tickets.  You can't just show one ticket and roll in this time.  I think this is def. going to slow things down.

which sucks, because NONE of us has for Saturday....  i guess we can try bringing our Sunday tickets and say that we're meeting up with someone and exchanging them.  though i'm sure about 1,000 other people will say the same thing...   :frustrated:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't leave my car anywhere but the lot(unless you have a hotel within walking distance).  I have a feeling the tow trucks are gonna be awfully busy this weekend and local businesses are going to be on the lookout for people parking in places they shouldn't be for the shows. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on March 04, 2009, 10:45:38 AM
I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't leave my car anywhere but the lot(unless you have a hotel within walking distance).  I have a feeling the tow trucks are gonna be awfully busy this weekend and local businesses are going to be on the lookout for people parking in places they shouldn't be for the shows. 

OFT
VA gets their rocks off towing people, imo.

RVA was the worst...

but Gumbo, seriously? just soak in the weekend.
enjoy every minute, as i know you will...

you're certainly in for an experience.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

keeb333

Play Phish from your vehicle as loudly in the parking lot as possible for as long as possible before the show....and remember, everyone wants to hear the album versions before seeing them live!  Everyone will love you and want to be your friend.

/sarcasm

I hate hearing nothing but Phish from the lot right before I go to see Phish....I want to have my mind fresh and ready for the new experience!

Mr Minor

Quote from: keeb333 on March 04, 2009, 12:23:42 PM
Play Phish from your vehicle as loudly in the parking lot as possible for as long as possible before the show....and remember, everyone wants to hear the album versions before seeing them live!  Everyone will love you and want to be your friend.

/sarcasm

I hate hearing nothing but Phish from the lot right before I go to see Phish....I want to have my mind fresh and ready for the new experience!

Actually, play Grateful Dead and complain that Phish will never be the Dead and should quit trying.      :evil:

Hicks

The most important thing to remember is that Trey is lying when he says they will be back in 15 minutes.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr Minor

Quote from: Hicks on March 04, 2009, 12:49:15 PM
The most important thing to remember is that Trey is lying when he says they will be back in 15 minutes.

:lol:

Wait, he is??

keeb333

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 04, 2009, 12:54:20 PM

Wait, he is??

He's not lying, he just has a different interpretation of how long a minute is!  Remember, when Phish is not playing gigs, they work at the Gamehedge Time Factory.  It's can't be easy having to make sure time keeps passing during those setbreaks! :lol:

Plus....a minute seems like an hour during the break anyway!

Hicks

Quote from: keeb333 on March 04, 2009, 01:05:11 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on March 04, 2009, 12:54:20 PM

Wait, he is??

He's not lying, he just has a different interpretation of how long a minute is!  Remember, when Phish is not playing gigs, they work at the Gamehedge Time Factory.  It's can't be easy having to make sure time keeps passing during those setbreaks! :lol:

Plus....a minute seems like an hour during the break anyway!

All true.   :-D
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

/sarcasm

:::BLASTS UNDERMIND IN THIS THREAD:::

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

guyforget

It doesnt really apply at Hampton, but this summer, when youre outside, everyone loves it if you get in the aisles between rows of seats and just spin around in circles like crazy.  I LOVE THAT SHIT!  I think I saw Hicks doin' it at Great Woods in 2004, he's dreamy.  
-AD_

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: redrum on March 04, 2009, 01:18:29 PM

/sarcasm

:::BLASTS UNDERMIND IN THIS THREAD:::

:::ROCKS OUT TO "THE CONNECTION":::
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Hicks

Quote from: guyforget on March 04, 2009, 01:19:43 PM
It doesnt really apply at Hampton, but this summer, when youre outside, everyone loves it if you get in the aisles between rows of seats and just spin around in circles like crazy.  I LOVE THAT SHIT!  I think I saw Hicks doin' it at Great Woods in 2004, he's dreamy. 

:lol:  It's these types of comments that will get you 666 smites!

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.