News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

stuff us n00bs should know about Phish shows?

Started by Gumbo72203, March 03, 2009, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

But DO NOT lend your glass to someone unless you want it broke, clogged, confiscated or have hubba rocks in it.....typical rook move....

Ri©h

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

lifeboy13

Always find the larger sized water bottles at a store before getting to the lot so you can bring in a large empty bottle into the Venue.

Don't buy any food or drink inside the Venue, save you cash for the Lot!!

If you see a guy selling Chocolate Chip Cookies (in HOOD Milk crates) after the show, Buy them, That will be me or my old friend.  Buck a Bag still after all these years.

Good Day, Every Day!

mattstick

No matter how good set 1 is, set 2 will be better.

Take LSD.

Setbreak only seems to last forever.

Drink lots of water, 3-5 bottles minimum.

Don't drink and drive.

Catch glowsticks and put them in your pocket.

Only stay on the lot for 1 hour after the show.  After that, things get weird - and not in the good way.

antelope19

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on March 03, 2009, 11:15:51 PM
Quote from: Rich on March 03, 2009, 10:30:37 PM
DO NOT throw glowsticks at the stage.  Very uncool.

In fact...  don't throw them at all.  People get hurt.

def dont throw them..  what you do is you break them open and then swing them around as spray everyone standing around you, because everyone loves to glow in the dark

I would probably punch you in the face.  Even if you are on crutches right now.   :samurai:

:-D

I know you're kidding, but seriously, I really don't want to be glowing in the dark. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Some w00k ruined the first 10 minutes of the final Coventry set by spraying glowstick juice on my whole crew.

StCarl

Fuck glow stick juice.  That shit's got glass bits in it and shit.  Don't get that shit in your eyes.

Also, got somewhere you need to get to?  Walk with purpose.
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Mr Minor

Don't tell a 20 minute story during the show about a show you saw somewhere else.  Save it for set break. 

And don't talk on your cell phone with your friend who didn't get into the show and tell him how sweet the jam is that you are currently hearing/missing.

StCarl

^^  Plus, nobody wants to see any screens lighting up between them and the stage during any part of the show.  Really. 
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on March 04, 2009, 08:46:27 AM

No matter how good set 1 is, set 2 will be better.

Take LSD.

Setbreak only seems to last forever.

Drink lots of water, 3-5 bottles minimum.

Don't drink and drive.

Catch glowsticks and put them in your pocket.

Only stay on the lot for 1 hour after the show.  After that, things get weird - and not in the good way.

Mattstick is spot on with that last point. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: dsotmrw on March 04, 2009, 09:48:31 AM
If I want to beat as much traffic as possible, what would be the best time to get there? Will it be a huge jam right at 2 or can I wait two or three hours and still have an easy enough drive?

Honestly, I expect that it is going to be bad all day.

Mr Minor

Waiting two or three hours could be tough, as rush hour starts at that point.  The Hampton show maybe difficult only because it's the first show back.  And I don't think there are great entrances, iirc.
Most shows you are going to wait for some period of time, regardless of when you get there.  Although putting parking fees on the ticket price helped move along lines getting into the lots.  Show them a ticket and they wave you through.  
There have been shows I was in the first 20 cars and then other shows where we pulled into the lot 20 minutes before the show and didn't wait a minute.  Other times we arrived a couple hours before showtime and waiting 20-30 minutes.  
I think it's all hit or miss, but expect some wait time.

sophist

Quote from: dsotmrw on March 04, 2009, 09:48:31 AM
If I want to beat as much traffic as possible, what would be the best time to get there? Will it be a huge jam right at 2 or can I wait two or three hours and still have an easy enough drive?
Yeah, I would get on lot and stay on lot most of the day.  After 5 you will have Phish mayhem traffic with the business crowd traffic = cluster fuck.  
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

They're going to be checking every person in every car for tickets.  You can't just show one ticket and roll in this time.  I think this is def. going to slow things down.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment