News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

jephrey

someone called it...  I'm not going to try and find the page.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

nab

voopa

MiamiPhish

Hicks

Gumbo, I couldn't focus to read that entire post, but the parts I did skim I would tend to agree with, folks gotta be patient.  They'll get there, the dedication is obvious, but they're not gonna just bust out with a jam like the 12/31/95 Weekapaug, or even the 7/30/03 Scents right out of the gate, they have to develop that a little after almost five years.  

I'd say these shows show that the potential is there for a very good Phish, but it's going to be a building type thing again.  

And yeah Fish does seem a bit behind and Page is ruling.  Mike isn't stepping up either, but I can kind of understand that since maybe he wants to give the other guys a chance before he starts pwning jams again.  
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

newplanet7

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

blastoplast

If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

nab

Quote from: Hicks on March 08, 2009, 10:27:58 PM
Gumbo, I couldn't focus to read that entire post, but the parts I did skim I would tend to agree with, folks gotta be patient.  They'll get there, the dedication is obvious, but they're not gonna just bust out with a jam like the 12/31/95 Weekapaug, or even the 7/30/03 Scents right out of the gate, they have to develop that a little after almost five years.  

I'd say these shows show that the potential is there for a very good Phish, but it's going to be a building type thing again.  

And yeah Fish does seem a bit behind and Page is ruling.  Mike isn't stepping up either, but I can kind of understand that since maybe he wants to give the other guys a chance before he starts pwning jams again.  

newplanet7

I still think it's going to close the set with a Julius.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

justjezmund

Page hasn't only been on tonite he has been the star in my book for most of the weekend
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 08, 2009, 10:24:01 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 08, 2009, 10:17:27 PM

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but they somehow made B&R less effective in concert last night.  

I have to completely disagree.  It was sick.  I hate B&R, but RJ totally made me realize what its for...  Trey's gutiar work was sick, and Fish made it feel like a trippy Pink Floyd adventure.  I actually loved it.

B&R is a great song, but last night's version was far from trippy, worst B&R evar!!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: newplanet7 on March 08, 2009, 10:28:41 PM
Excellent.
I called wedge and or 2001 so I'm out.

wedge...would luv to hear that tonight...last time was rhythm devils in chicago a few years ago!

danje

nab