News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newplanet7

Quote from: Jezmund420 on March 08, 2009, 10:30:21 PM
Page hasn't only been on tonite he has been the star in my book for most of the weekend
Truth.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

jephrey

QuoteQuote from: jephrey on Today at 09:23:15 pm
lotsa people worked on the wiki.  It went through 3 iterations.  We had a LOAD of stuff entered when we initially started it in 2002 maybe and the server crashed and we lost it.  We tried again in 2005 maybe with diff wiki software but decided to go back to mediawiki, and did this one that you currently see.  There was a lot of initial data entry.  I did quite a bit myself and I know lately drvinestein has been THE man.  But neither of us can take all the credit.  Plenty of people made additions and were in on discussions of song title conventions etc.  I believe you can see the people who worked on the pages by looking at the history.  We should really thank tet for his continued support for the site.

I really wish we could stir up more interest.  It seems too big of a job when only a few people are into it at once.

Seeing that Wikis are a collaboration, I/We had hoped that there would be more outside contributors as the pages were made and people used it, but data entry is hard to get people motivated about, and I'm not sure if it really gets updated much at this time.  I admittedly haven't done anything in a long time.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mbw

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

blastoplast

If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on March 08, 2009, 10:27:58 PM
Gumbo, I couldn't focus to read that entire post, but the parts I did skim I would tend to agree with, folks gotta be patient.  They'll get there, the dedication is obvious, but they're not gonna just bust out with a jam like the 12/31/95 Weekapaug, or even the 7/30/03 Scents right out of the gate, they have to develop that a little after almost five years.  

I'd say these shows show that the potential is there for a very good Phish, but it's going to be a building type thing again.  

And yeah Fish does seem a bit behind and Page is ruling.  Mike isn't stepping up either, but I can kind of understand that since maybe he wants to give the other guys a chance before he starts pwning jams again.  

yeah, EXACTLY.  People who aren't at the shows are erroneously projecting the characteristics of whatever Phish they've been listening to lately onto 3.0, so OF COURSE they aren't going to measure up.  Its human nature though...  they haven't given themselves any room to create a new perspective on the band.  Their memories and past experiences are clouding their judgement.

The thing is, though, is that these jams are the PERFECT length.  Except Halley's and Gumbo.  That was pretty lame...  but regardless...  they're all perfect length.  GBOTT felt like it was going on FOREVER.  and to realize that Wolfmans was only fucking 8 minutes...  that was weird.  

I'm listening to Fluffhead now, and they pretty fucking nailed it.  
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

MiamiPhish

Quote from: danje on March 08, 2009, 10:30:50 PM
I think Curtain>Tweeprise encore is a pretty safe call.

not sure how tweeprise is 'safe' when tweezer was played friday night... but i hope you're right!

jephrey

QuoteQuote from: Jezmund420 on Today at 09:32:15 pm
Especially pages new tweak to suzie

that was so nice!

QFT
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

hoodie22

Quote from: jephrey on March 08, 2009, 10:33:37 PM

that was so nice!

QFT

Page is on fiiiire

newplanet7

Quote from: jephrey on March 08, 2009, 10:33:37 PM

that was so nice!

QFT
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Hicks

Split from last night was pretty evil.  Heavy Things worked well in that slot.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 08, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
yeah, EXACTLY.  People who aren't at the shows are erroneously projecting the characteristics of whatever Phish they've been listening to lately onto 3.0, so OF COURSE they aren't going to measure up.  Its human nature though...  they haven't given themselves any room to create a new perspective on the band.  Their memories and past experiences are clouding their judgement.

The thing is, though, is that these jams are the PERFECT length.  Except Halley's and Gumbo.  That was pretty lame...  but regardless...  they're all perfect length.  GBOTT felt like it was going on FOREVER.  and to realize that Wolfmans was only fucking 8 minutes...  that was weird.  

I'm listening to Fluffhead now, and they pretty fucking nailed it.  

whoa, made perfect sense

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 08, 2009, 10:32:58 PM

and to realize that Wolfmans was only fucking 8 minutes...  that was weird.  

YEAH man when i saw that today i was shocked that jam was FUNKY as shit, in fact i dug the entire second set you are spot on about the length being right especially for the situation surrounding these shows

rowjimmy