News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

Hicks

That Ghost>Piper>Birds segment did not knock my socks off. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on March 09, 2009, 12:34:16 AM
That Ghost>Piper>Birds segment did not knock my socks off. 

Still my favorite of the weekend, unfortunately the Piper sticks out like a black eye.

Ri©h

Can't wait for the third show to pop up.  Set 2 looks like the shizz!   :banana:

thechad

1st set should be up on Mr. Minor's in about half and hour.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

WhatstheUse?

just got back from the show, what an amaaaazing weekend! 
I've only now seen 3 shows, but I feel like I've seen almost every song I could have wanted!

the crowd didn't seem as hyped tonight as saturday or friday, I guess many were tired, I know I was

Bathtub and DWD were the highlights for me....Bathtub was pretty straight to the point but rockin, and DWD had some very interesting jamming, but the end got dragged out a bit to long imo

I just hope by summer tour they can loosen up and start experimenting more

Bring in the dude!

PhishPhan

Also just got back. High points of the night were Maze jam and 2001. Surprised not to hear Lizards, Forbin, Mockingbird, and especially Curtain. Still an amazing first show.

Ri©h

Great to hear you two had a good time.  More fun is on it's way!!!!   :-D

WhatstheUse?

maze was definitely pretty solid as well, the 2001 was short and it didn't feel like they got into a solid groove imo....

I kept waiting for trey to throw down the funky wah comping but it never happened....It seems trey has strayed away from using much FX like he did in later years

I don't remember hearing much of the boomerang either.....

also was disappointed that the tube jam turned right back into a trey shred fest, I was hoping for some tube funk all weekend but it wasnt quite there
Bring in the dude!

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Ri©h

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 09, 2009, 01:42:08 AM
maze was definitely pretty solid as well, the 2001 was short and it didn't feel like they got into a solid groove imo....

I kept waiting for trey to throw down the funky wah comping but it never happened....It seems trey has strayed away from using much FX like he did in later years

also was disappointed that the tube jam turned right back into a trey shred fest, I was hoping for some tube funk all weekend but it wasnt quite there

I'm looking forward to hearing that Maze.  That's the song that got me hooked on Phish the first time I saw them. 

Trey might be stripping down to a bare bones sound for now.  The Boomerang usually makes an appearance during jams when he starts layering his loops.  Since there wasn't much jamming I doubt he used it at all.  Imo, they had something to prove this weekend.  That they're still a rock band that can lay waste to a crowd when they want to. I bet during the Summer we'll see more jamming.  Especially after they've had even more time to practice.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Rich on March 09, 2009, 01:48:39 AM

I'm looking forward to hearing that Maze.  That's the song that got me hooked on Phish the first time I saw them. 

Trey might be stripping down to a bare bones sound for now.  The Boomerang usually makes an appearance during jams when he starts layering his loops.  Since there wasn't much jamming I doubt he used it at all.  Imo, they had something to prove this weekend.  That they're still a rock band that can lay waste to a crowd when they want to. I bet during the Summer we'll see more jamming.  Especially after they've had even more time to practice.

agreed.
Bring in the dude!

redrum

the 2001 was short and it didn't feel like they got into a solid groove imo....

you'll be able to rethink that as you watch what i'm about to put on youtube. . .

2001 > Moma

11mins shot from right next to fishman's dad (the birthday boy!!! :-D)
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

thechad

thechad

Might as well get this out there also.

Song totals
Fri: 28
Sat: 27
Sun. : 29

84 total