News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

carini

a few flubs here and there...if you wanna call em that.........i think they sound great.......it's fresh :mrgreen:

carini

StCarl

Right on.  I've got about fifteen minutes of work scheduled today.  Saturday night listening party in my workspace within the hour.  Stay away, toolboxes.

Hey, Carini

:phish:  :phish:  :phish:
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

sls.stormyrider

I'm still trying to catch up  from the weekend, listening to Sat, set 1 on the way to work. It sounded like after Ice (nice version), the crowd broke out in a huge roar.
Was anything special happening on stage or with the lights?
curious.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Marmar

Quote from: carini on March 09, 2009, 07:32:49 AM
btw hello all my old furthur friends  :phish:

holy sheep shit.... :-o nice to see ya lumpyhead....ltns

Theres a few things that stand out to my ears.....and here goes:

Trey has control over his tone again....he has a clean tone and he's sounding rather creamy again.....me likes....
Page is on point again.....
Mike was a lil shakey, but still vibrant as always....
Fish was all over the place....never seems like he quite gets totally comfortable.....he still has his moments though...
They seem to be listening to each other intently again, but kinda forgot how....this will come back with time.....
6 covers out of 80-some songs played.....I really LIKE this direction, Phish being PHISH, not some cover band who happens to be Phish.....
The ending 4:45 of DWD is Phish 3.0......especially around the 20minute mark....listen to the SPAC jams, then toss this section of DWD on....natural progression.....same with Twist around the 5min mark...
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Wolfmansbrother

I agree with the comment about Fish
he just generally sounds like he is weakly hitting his drums, not really much emphasis or variation even  :|
hopefully with three months off the boys can fully become a fine tuned music machine again

Hicks

Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on March 09, 2009, 12:50:45 PM
he just generally sounds like he is weakly hitting his drums, not really much emphasis or variation even  :|
hopefully with three months off the boys can fully become a fine tuned music machine again

seemed like he was behind sometimes too, which threw the other guys off. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Marmar

I think a lot of that is how he's being recorded/mixed......he is really low in the mix on all 3 nights.....Trey is really upfront....I do notice that the recordings are in true stereo....very multitracked.....

The new soundguy has gotta learn that Fish is the band.....ya gotta be able to hear it all.....put Fish front and center and then build up off him....you could barely hear the very delicate frills that he's throwing in on almost every beat.....too much emphisis on the cymblas and not enough on the drums.....you can barely hear the kicks.....

I will say these sound better than any previous LivePhish download release.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: Marmar on March 09, 2009, 12:53:12 PM

I think a lot of that is how he's being recorded/mixed......he is really low in the mix on all 3 nights.....Trey is really upfront....I do notice that the recordings are in true stereo....very multitracked.....

The new soundguy has gotta learn that Fish is the band.....ya gotta be able to hear it all.....put Fish front and center and then build up off him....you could barely hear the very delicate frills that he's throwing in on almost every beat.....too much emphisis on the cymblas and not enough on the drums.....you can barely hear the kicks.....

wait...i guessi missed the memo but new sound guy??

fauxpaxfauxreal

moonmoog

agreed Fish is the thunder...listen to guelah on teh SBD...barely any BD in the first half which is CRUCIAL for the reggae thing. The aud tapes have a nice boom on 2 AND 4 CONSISTANTLY....WHERE'S PAUL??!!!
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

Ri©h

thechad

I would in no way call myself a soundman, but I have run a FOH board before and when I was 1st being taught how, this is exactly what I was told to do with any band.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

blatboom

in on page 133 134.

failed at getting a ticket for Sunday, but still had a great time.  raged hard with Slim and Igbo last night and now I'm struggling to make it through work until 5pm.  it was real nice seeing/meeting everyone, too bad we didn't have more time.

edited because it took me ten minutes to type that post