News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Quote from: blatboom on March 09, 2009, 02:24:22 PM
edited because it took me ten minutes to type that post

better thank having to hit 'Post' ten times because someone else was posting... thanks to you and everyone else for the constant updates from the weekend!
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

moonmoog

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: moonmoog on March 09, 2009, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: Rich on March 09, 2009, 02:10:53 PM
Paul is no longer with Phish.   :|

Anyone know what he is up to?

I think RJ knows more about this than anyone here, but I think the word is that he has some pretty serious health problems.

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on March 09, 2009, 02:24:22 PM
in on page 133 134.

failed at getting a ticket for Sunday, but still had a great time.  raged hard with Slim and Igbo last night and now I'm struggling to make it through work until 5pm.  it was real nice seeing/meeting everyone, too bad we didn't have more time.

edited because it took me ten minutes to type that post

bwahahahaha

Notice how my name is not on that list above?
I went to bed.
Woke up to blat as a lump on the floor under a mountain of blankets.

I think marmar has the whole thing summed up nicely.

This is the new Phish. Like all previous versions of Phish, this one hasn't been perfected and need to grow but it has been made perfectly clear that the band is ready and willing to work for it.

This was an awesome weekend of great music, great friends (both old and new) and great weather taboot.

Pictures and reviews and yadda will be presented in a while.

PhishPhan

rowjimmy

Nope. Being old and easily fatigued, I rocked the seats.

PhishPhan

Was going for the floor but a couple advised me to stay away for many reasons. Some include it ruining my first show via flying glow sticks and flailing elbows to the eye. Plus, we were getting there midway through the line so chances are I would not be anywhere near the stage. I took Page side as Mike and Trey would be slightly turned towards us, and we would see everyone's faces. Where did you sit?

rowjimmy

The 'paug section rotated from low Page side (back of stage) Friday, to mid page side (facing the stage) Saturday, to mid Fish side looking straight across the front of the stage last night.

PhishPhan

Awesome, I just played it safe near the stage. Too bad I didn't run into you guys.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 09, 2009, 04:17:54 PM
Woke up to blat as a lump on the floor under a mountain of blankets.

those blankets were a total score by me!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Marmar on March 09, 2009, 12:53:12 PM
Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on March 09, 2009, 12:50:45 PM
I agree with the comment about Fish
he just generally sounds like he is weakly hitting his drums, not really much emphasis or variation even  :|
hopefully with three months off the boys can fully become a fine tuned music machine again

I think a lot of that is how he's being recorded/mixed......he is really low in the mix on all 3 nights.....Trey is really upfront....I do notice that the recordings are in true stereo....very multitracked.....

The new soundguy has gotta learn that Fish is the band.....ya gotta be able to hear it all.....put Fish front and center and then build up off him....you could barely hear the very delicate frills that he's throwing in on almost every beat.....too much emphisis on the cymblas and not enough on the drums.....you can barely hear the kicks.....

I will say these sound better than any previous LivePhish download release.....

absolutely true....Fish seemed very low in the mix all weekend from everywhere i sat.......exactly like you said, too much cymbals and not enough of the rest of the kit

I will also say that Fish was a bit off this weekend.......he just didn't seem to have the spark that he usually has, seemed like he could never quite find the groove
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on March 09, 2009, 08:03:46 PM
134 pages?  :-o
I've got some reading to do.

Ser... I haven't read half of this, in spite of all my posts herein.

cleech74

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 09, 2009, 09:37:16 PM
Quote from: birdman on March 09, 2009, 08:03:46 PM
134 pages?  :-o
I've got some reading to do.

Ser... I haven't read half of this, in spite of all my posts herein.

It's all just a bunch of stuff.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon