News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danje

Wolfmansbrother

Here Comes The Joker

Thanks for the nice feedback peeps, that is why I come to the board

So I will follow up my first post long post with a short 2nd

How about the Chairman all weekend he was unreal, he keeps this up and even in this time of economic crisis someone is looking for a promotion. With as well as he was on how would a stirring Strange Design been this weekend, it would have been lyrical fitting.

Caravan2001

Quote from: nab on March 06, 2009, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: Wolfmansbabymama on March 06, 2009, 08:13:14 PM
MOUND?!? :frustrated: haven't seen that since Hampton 96. arrggghh.

Dark horse pick for the weekend

12-31-02= last Mound

Mound was one of the practiced songs, I was expecting them to play it last night, but they subbed something else in for it...

Caravan2001

Quote from: Here Comes The Joker on March 10, 2009, 12:07:59 AM
Thanks for the nice feedback peeps, that is why I come to the board

So I will follow up my first post long post with a short 2nd

How about the Chairman all weekend he was unreal, he keeps this up and even in this time of economic crisis someone is looking for a promotion. With as well as he was on how would a stirring Strange Design been this weekend, it would have been lyrical fitting.

yeah, Leo was killing it, but Mike was the MVP for the monster 2001->Moma!

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 09, 2009, 11:45:13 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 09, 2009, 11:26:33 PM
Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on March 09, 2009, 10:58:00 PM
Man the ghost from saturday night is-----> :banana:

hmmm, that's funny I was thinking earlier that it's one of the weaker versions they've ever played.  Not trying to be negative but the flubs at the peak were pretty painful for me.

yeah, but they pulled it back on track...I mean these shows were not without warts, but the overall vibe was rocking.  The Ghost thing was weird, I still have not heard it on tape, but they turned it around in the show and got back to rocking.  I try to not let those things bother me....Same with the YEM botch....they still did a decent job, and the YEM peak was money.  The vocal jam was the YEM highlight though believe it  or not.  The lights were insane!

On paper it looks like the other way around but after listening to it, I actually liked Saturday's first set more than the second. 

I'm looking forward to listening to Sunday tomorrow. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I'm looking forward to hearing all of it....heard a little bit of the first night from LP, but I want to check out some FOB's....

Ri©h

Quote from: Here Comes The Joker on March 10, 2009, 12:07:59 AM

How about the Chairman all weekend he was unreal...

Totally agree.  Hence my new avatar.  :-D

Go Leo!!!

Mr Minor

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 10, 2009, 12:40:06 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing all of it....heard a little bit of the first night from LP, but I want to check out some FOB's....

Listening to the mp3s of Sunday this morning and, imo, they don't seem to reflect what I heard, mix-wise.

Need FOB.

batleon

Thanks for the article links.

Where was 21 year old Phish Fan Marcus Esquandolas?

birdman

Quote from: batleon on March 10, 2009, 09:16:35 AM

Marco would be 34 this year. Too many responsibilities now :wink:
Paug FTMFW!

shoreline99

Quote from: birdman on March 10, 2009, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: batleon on March 10, 2009, 09:16:35 AM

Marco would be 34 this year. Too many responsibilities now :wink:

HAHAHAHAHA

That photo was awesome.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 09, 2009, 01:42:08 AM

I kept waiting for trey to throw down the funky wah comping but it never happened....It seems trey has strayed away from using much FX like he did in later years

I don't remember hearing much of the boomerang either.....

He uses the Boomerang for Heavy Things.  He records the harmonic before the song starts, and then taps the "play" button with his foot, in time with the beat, while they play the song.  He uses his rackmount Ibanez delay for his loops, which used only once, during First Tube, on Friday.  I have yet to listen to Sunday, but the only places he would have used it would've been in Down With Disease, 2001, and Twist.

I just listened to Ghost, and that jam was pretty freaking sick!  They hit a really good peak, even though Trey kind of fumbled it, preventing it from being a MONSTER.

I'm listening to Piper now, and its not nearly as bad as it felt during the show.  Trey kind of forced the lyrics in too early, and there was only like a 4 bar break between verses, which was weird.  Trey's trying to shred it up now, around 4 minutes in, but its just not happening...  I'm glad he's not hiding behind the Boomerang's backwards guitar function, though.  This Birds segue is very interesting, though.  Definitely VERY forced, in a way.  At least he worked it in uniquely...  like the Limb By Limb segue, which was pretty cool, I thought.  Ahh...  lyric flub. 

All told, thus far i think the first set was better.  GBOTT, Jim, Split, Ice, Guelah, and Antelope were all fucking nasty. 

Starting the Birds jam...  Trey seems more in tune with this.  Its working pretty well, and as usual Page is all over this.  Yeah!!  Nice turn around at like 4:50...  this is pretty sweet now. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again