News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

nab

Quote from: birdman on March 10, 2009, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: thechad on March 10, 2009, 02:27:19 PM
I guess they have to keep something in their pockets until summer.
30 min Peggy.

I actually really like this song.  I'm hoping it makes it into the band's lineup sometime.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 10, 2009, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 10, 2009, 02:15:59 PM
Alot of my friends were hating on backwards down the number line(BDTNL) because they had never heard it before.  I was the only one sticking up for it!  I loved it at the Trey show in Richmond and I loved it this weekend at Hampton.

Other than the first few seconds of it, I really like it.  I just don't like how it starts.  I was hoping for a better intro, but I still think it's a pretty cool song.  Has a good feeling to it, a nice jam, and a great outro.  Lyrics are total Tom lyrics.  Pretty good combo, imo.

my thoughts as well......definitely some of my favorite Tom lyrics in recent years...but they really do need to figure out a begining to that song..  It seems like they never really figured out a good way to start it and just...well, started it  :-P
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 10, 2009, 09:21:28 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on March 10, 2009, 02:18:08 PM
Alot of my friends were hating on backwards down the number line(BDTNL) because they had never heard it before.  I was the only one sticking up for it!  I loved it at the Trey show in Richmond and I loved it this weekend at Hampton.

Other than the first few seconds of it, I really like it.  I just don't like how it starts.  I was hoping for a better intro, but I still think it's a pretty cool song.  Has a good feeling to it, a nice jam, and a great outro.  Lyrics are total Tom lyrics.  Pretty good combo, imo.

my thoughts as well......definitely some of my favorite Tom lyrics in recent years...but they really do need to figure out a begining to that song..  It seems like they never really figured out a good way to start it and just...well, started it  :-P

that's funny because as much as I love that song, the very beginning really does not work.  I've always just felt it but never really thought about it.
Phish's version isn't as good as Classic TAB's yet IMO

sls.stormyrider

actually my favorite version of that one was the acoustic
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on March 10, 2009, 02:17:20 PM

great fucking tune.

it was awesome.
in fact its teh one song i've been singing all day.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Quote from: VA slim on March 10, 2009, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: blatboom on March 10, 2009, 02:17:20 PM

great fucking tune.

it was awesome.
in fact its teh one song i've been singing all day.

That song sticks in your head like a mofo.

Mr Minor

Quote from: slslbs on March 10, 2009, 10:02:45 PM
actually my favorite version of that one was the acoustic

I liked the version Trey and Mike did at Rothbury the best, but I also enjoyed the TAB version from later that summer.  Fix the intro and it will be sweet!

Just finished 3/8 Set I and Frankenstein was awesome!  Page was the man in those shows.   :banana:

StCarl

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 11, 2009, 08:23:02 AM
Just finished 3/8 Set I and Frankenstein was awesome!  Page was the man in those shows.   :banana:

photo by qxz

Yet another Frankenstein photo with Page on the badass keytar - a Moog Liberation, manufactured from 1980-84.  I just finished up that set just now myself...  and for real, nobody can say Page wasn't ready for this shit. 

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

VA $l!m

right on, i just had a similar simultaneous  praise for page in the other thread.
( i get back and have no idea where to post this shit)  :lol:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Quote from: StCarl on March 11, 2009, 10:45:00 AM

photo by qxz

Yet another Frankenstein photo with Page on the badass keytar - a Moog Liberation, manufactured from 1980-84.  I just finished up that set just now myself...  and for real, nobody can say Page wasn't ready for this shit. 

Nice pic, and thanks for the link.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: nab on March 11, 2009, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: StCarl on March 11, 2009, 10:45:00 AM

photo by qxz

Nice pic, and thanks for the link.

And the best part of this pic, other than the obvious sweetness of Page's keytar, is the huge smile on Trey's face. Can't wait for summer shows!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.