News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Humans like sorting and naming! Don't deny us that pleasure.

rowjimmy

Trey thinks 2.0 started in the late 90s.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 06, 2019, 01:18:58 PM
Trey thinks 2.0 started in the late 90s.
Trey was on a LOT of drugs, too...  enough that he thought Fuckerpants was a good idea.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Hicks

3.0, 4.0 whateves.

What I do know is that many songs from the most recent crop are being jammed out to a point where they are frequently the highlights of the show. The Mohegan Beneath the Sea of Stars, the Dicks ER > Mercury and of course the Alpine Ruby Waves to name a few examples. It's a pretty exciting development, because I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's happened consistently since 2.0. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on September 06, 2019, 05:02:54 PM
3.0, 4.0 whateves.

What I do know is that many songs from the most recent crop are being jammed out to a point where they are frequently the highlights of the show. The Mohegan Beneath the Sea of Stars, the Dicks ER > Mercury and of course the Alpine Ruby Waves to name a few examples. It's a pretty exciting development, because I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's happened consistently since 2.0.

I am totally in support of this path personally. I noticed it this Summer and at first was a little turned off but how do you fault a band for exploring new territory with what they're into right now. That Ruby Waves from Alpine has gotten more repeat plays from me than anything else in 3.0. A close second would be the Bethel Waves soundcheck.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

For the last 25 years, I've liked it when phish plays phish songs.

cactusfan

Quote from: anthrax on September 06, 2019, 10:28:09 PM

Get a haircut, hippie.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: cactusfan on September 06, 2019, 11:33:17 PM
Quote from: anthrax on September 06, 2019, 10:28:09 PM

Get a haircut, hippie.

And get off my lawn!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Buffalo Budd

I figured we'd see this thread pop back up.

anthrax

i'm nervous for tonight and i'll only be watching from the couch.  i love these guys!

mbw

Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
i'm nervous for tonight and i'll only be watching from the couch.  i love these guys!

Get ready for frickin lazer beams

anthrax

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2019, 09:56:33 AM
Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2019, 09:43:36 AM

Get ready for frickin lazer beams

oh, i'm ready!!