News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 YEM's

Started by redrum, March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkenn13

redrum

cool cuz i'm pretty sure that it was designed "by the phans, for the phans".

....but sometimes i wonder if Gordo might know.  :?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 22, 2009, 08:41:36 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 03:11:43 AM
Imagine if fishman gave Trey shit for every time he screwed up in PH  :|

Fish screwing up one song in one of the greatest tours in recorded history is a little different than trey fucking up every riff in all of 2004.

that's sort of my point....

I just find it funny that Trey has no problem pointing out fishman's mistake, or say, Mike's playing @ Raleigh 03 .... but I can't recall anytime in 2004 where any of the members publicly say anything to Trey when he was obviously screwing up more than any of them
Bring in the dude!

redrum

it is funny.

and trey himself said that he doesn't get "in trouble" cuz he's the boss.

well at least he kinda said that when he was talking about none of the band members or crew telling him to slow down or that he had a problem cuz they needed him to keep going so they'd all still have jobs.

same thing, right?

---

WhatstheUse?

Those sound like some great friends that the band employed for 10+ years  :|
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Quote from: redrum on March 22, 2009, 06:04:04 PM
it is funny.

and trey himself said that he doesn't get "in trouble" cuz he's the boss.

well at least he kinda said that when he was talking about none of the band members or crew telling him to slow down or that he had a problem cuz they needed him to keep going so they'd all still have jobs.

That's not true and you know it.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 05:58:41 PM

Fish screwing up one song in one of the greatest tours in recorded history is a little different than trey fucking up every riff in all of 2004.

I just find it funny that Trey has no problem pointing out fishman's mistake, or say, Mike's playing @ Raleigh 03 .... but I can't recall anytime in 2004 where any of the members publicly say anything to Trey when he was obviously screwing up more than any of them

In my humble opinion, they knew he was fucking it all up but either didn't have the heart to bust his balls on stage or were trying to help him privately and he just blew them off.

sls.stormyrider

have to agree with you, Rich.
There's a reason why they took a break in 2000, and it's probably related.

and, in that RS article, Fish said what got him angry was that Trey broke the band up cause if he kept up touring, he would die - then he kept on touring.

we'll never know, but I would be surprised if someone didn't try to help.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Rich on March 22, 2009, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 05:58:41 PM

In my humble opinion, they knew he was fucking it all up but either didn't have the heart to bust his balls on stage or were trying to help him privately and he just blew them off.

Probably true.  It wouldn't make much sense to constantly give him shit on stage night after night.
Bring in the dude!

redrum

there's no question that people did try to help him.

but i think it was on charlie rose where he said no one wanted to tell him to "stop" because they'd lose their jobs.

---

Ri©h

I'm a little eager to see what's revealed in this new tell all book that's coming out. Wish I could find the link to when that's due out. We may just find out more dirt than we bargained for.  :-o

bkenn13

I think this is it:

Phish: The Biography (Hardcover)
by Parke Puterbaugh (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Phish-Biography-Parke-Puterbaugh/dp/0306814846

Product Description

Phish were one of the most successful touring outfits of all time, with a fan base rivaling that of the Grateful Dead. Their full story has never been told—until now.
In 1995, Parke Puterbaugh was sent by Rolling Stone to write a feature on the band. Spending time with them in their hometown and rehearsal studio, as well as attending some of their most memorable concerts, he became a trusted insider and unofficial in-house writer, producing press releases, interviews, and articles for the band until their breakup in 2004.

Phish is the product of a decade of interviews with all band members, tracing their evolution from prep school to enormous success in the mid-'90s and beyond. Puterbaugh provides unique insight into their music and complicated interpersonal dynamics; examines their controversial later years; and reveals the real role drugs played in their breakup. The result is an intimate and fascinating portrait of one of the most successful live acts in history.

Ri©h

Yeah, that's it. The dirt is going to come out once that's released. Looking forward to reading that. 

+k for the find bkenn13.  Thanks! :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 06:07:47 PM

Uhm.  What do you expect the employees to do?  Give the boss an intervention?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: bkenn13 on March 22, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
I think this is it:

Phish: The Biography (Hardcover)
by Parke Puterbaugh (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Phish-Biography-Parke-Puterbaugh/dp/0306814846

Product Description

Phish were one of the most successful touring outfits of all time, with a fan base rivaling that of the Grateful Dead. Their full story has never been told—until now.
In 1995, Parke Puterbaugh was sent by Rolling Stone to write a feature on the band. Spending time with them in their hometown and rehearsal studio, as well as attending some of their most memorable concerts, he became a trusted insider and unofficial in-house writer, producing press releases, interviews, and articles for the band until their breakup in 2004.

Phish is the product of a decade of interviews with all band members, tracing their evolution from prep school to enormous success in the mid-'90s and beyond. Puterbaugh provides unique insight into their music and complicated interpersonal dynamics; examines their controversial later years; and reveals the real role drugs played in their breakup. The result is an intimate and fascinating portrait of one of the most successful live acts in history.

The band hired Parke Peterbaugh to write the bands explanation of their choice for Haloween '96, Remain in Light by _ Talking Heads.  He also wrote the huge 6 page Rolling Stone Article to coincide with Fall Tour '96 and the release of Billy Breathes, if anyone knew the band, their story, or day to day activities, it was that guy. 

If I remember correctly, he tailed them for all of Europe '96, and Fall '96.  With mad exclusive intimate time.

noodle

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 22, 2009, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 06:07:47 PM

Uhm.  What do you expect the employees to do?  Give the boss an intervention?

I think I saw the preview on A&E. Should be a good watch.