News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Will you be pissed if a 2nd set you see this summer is Time Turns Elastic?

Started by mattstick, March 31, 2009, 01:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phunkaddict

I think Phish will play it as a 15-20 minute-ish song. Personaly, I think it needs to come a long way to be a worthy Phish song, but it is possible. I don't really like the lyrics, but like every other song I will gladly watch them perform it live with an open mind and give it a chance to win me over 8-)
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

mattstick

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 31, 2009, 01:24:35 PM

It was stated in the rolling stone article that Phish will be playing the piece this summer.

And in the press release for Trey's album.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 31, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
The acoustic version is on about 13 minutes long.

just enough time to get to the bathroom and wait through the beer line!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

-AD_

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Ri©h

Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2009, 02:26:24 PM
Quote from: guyforget on March 31, 2009, 02:23:17 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on March 31, 2009, 01:45:03 PM
phish sux... can't we just move on already?

Sure.

When will Phix cover TTE?  Anyone?

ask gumbo....

Burn. And a damn good one.  :-D

I voted no. Even though I'm not attending any of the Summer run that I know of I'd be more than happy to let the boys try out something new on me at least once. I think it's funny that people who haven't heard this yet are voting yes. A bit presumptuous, imo.

Quote from: 97phunkaddict on March 31, 2009, 01:37:59 PM
...like every other song I will gladly watch them perform it live with an open mind and give it a chance to win me over 8-)

That's the spirit phunkaddict. +k

sunrisevt

^^^What Rich & 97phunkaddict said.

New  :phish: material is not to be denied. Critiqued after the fact, sure.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

danje

The acoustic version is damn good. Guess we'll have to wait see how Phish handles it.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cactusfan

you might recall, they're recording a new album, too.

there's going to be a lot of new phish music this tour. so if you're already down on it, too bad for you.

i'm happy to hear any new stuff. i just pray that trey stays away from writing ballads with irritating melodies he's not capable of singing.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cactusfan on March 31, 2009, 04:57:13 PM
you might recall, they're recording a new album, too.

there's going to be a lot of new phish music this tour. so if you're already down on it, too bad for you.

i'm happy to hear any new stuff. i just pray that trey stays away from writing ballads with irritating melodies he's not capable of singing.

I'm thinking the new album will not have as many ballady type tunes as Undermind/Round Room did....

They said is RS that they wanted to make a Party type album with a lot of very danceable songs iirc

Bring in the dude!

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 31, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
The acoustic version is on about 13 minutes long.

IIRC, the acoustic version is also not the full song, just the second and/or third movement(s).

I would love to see Phish's arrangement of the full thing...It will also be interesting to see when and where they bust this out...Bonnaroo, maybe (really would be full circle, since the debut was in Nashville!)?

Also, I agree that it's not long enough for a full set...30 min. sounds about right!