News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2009 y'all

Started by mattstick, April 06, 2009, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

We lost 9 in a row and we're 1.5 games out of first.

I haven't written the wildcard off this year, don't sleep on the '09 Jays.

inourdr

I'm just messing. There is no other pitcher I'd take in game 1 of a playoff series... maybe Santana, but most likely Roy.

inourdr

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2009, 09:16:43 AM

I admire your optimism Matt.

mattstick

This is a solid team, and nobody in the AL has a better record since June 20 last year.

inourdr

I agree, your team is solid but every team is AL East has lost/added players since last season so best record in the AL since June means nothing. Plus last year you had BJ when he wasen't a mess and a career year from AJ... who we overpaid for.

mattstick

AJ is a .500 pitcher, we could pick up Paul Byrd for $400K right now and he could be .500 for us...

Young teams win nowadays, the Rays and Phillies both had great young teams last year...  Signing vets to big contracts hasn't produced a winner in years.

And BJ was a mess last year.  Not a giant shitty mess like his now, but a mess regardless.  No one likes a sloppy BJ.

inourdr

AJ was 38-26 for you guys...and the Phillies are not that young. In fact the Yankess have a lower  average age than the Phillies and the Jays this year.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2009, 09:38:46 AM
AJ is a .500 pitcher, we could pick up Paul Byrd for $400K right now and he could be .500 for us...

Young teams win nowadays, the Rays and Phillies both had great young teams last year...  Signing vets to big contracts hasn't produced a winner in years.

And BJ was a mess last year.  Not a giant shitty mess like his now, but a mess regardless.  No one likes a sloppy BJ.

:-D

awesome.

mattstick

The Phils infield is young...

The Yankees are relying on aging vets more than either the Phils or Jays.

re: AJ, he had a career year in an opt-out year of his contract, before that he was certainly no better than .500.

I would set his over/under on games above .500 with the Yankees over the course of his contract at 4 and probably take the under.

inourdr

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2009, 09:48:48 AM
The Phils infield is young...

The Yankees are relying on aging vets more than either the Phils or Jays.

re: AJ, he had a career year in an opt-out year of his contract, before that he was certainly no better than .500.

I would set his over/under on games above .500 with the Yankees over the course of his contract at 4 and probably take the under.

Whats your definition of young? Utley is 30, Rollins is 30, Howard is 29, Feliz is 33, Catcher...who cares.

mattstick

Combined that's somewhat young, and when you've got Rollins, Utley and Howard who cares who is playing third...

antelope19

anyone see Zambrano get tossed?  Dude needs to chill out

inourdr

Quote from: antelope19 on May 28, 2009, 10:19:01 AM
anyone see Zambrano get tossed?  Dude needs to chill out

He's looking at a hefty suspension for throwing the ball into the stands. Idiot.

edit: Attempt to throw the ball into the stands.

Rift

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2009, 09:16:43 AM

Every team has slumps/slides during the regular season. It's still May too. We have a little way to go until October. And your point about being 1.5 games out of first shows that the Sox and Yanks haven't exactly been impressive this year. I think the Jays are just getting their losing funk out of the way early in the season.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)