News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2009 y'all

Started by mattstick, April 06, 2009, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

Quote from: antelope19 on May 29, 2009, 01:35:11 PM
They did a "Top 10 Meltdowns" today on sportscenter.  Milton Bradley made the list TWICE!!!!   :-o  The number one was the minor league manager who totally lost it and used the rosin bag as a grenade.  Remember that guy?   :lol:

Classic! That guy makes the old days of Billy Martin's blowups look like child's play.

+k for the laugh 'lope.  :clap:
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Poster Nutbag

Got this off of my player sidenotes from our week4paug fantasy league... The basterd is on my team... Ouch!!

QuoteZambrano has been suspended for six games for his tirade this week during Wednesday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 29, 2009, 10:45:12 PM
Got this off of my player sidenotes from our week4paug fantasy league... The basterd is on my team... Ouch!!

QuoteZambrano has been suspended for six games for his tirade this week during Wednesday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

yeah but it's only one start so it's not too terrible.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: blatboom on May 29, 2009, 10:47:11 PM
Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 29, 2009, 10:45:12 PM

yeah but it's only one start so it's not too terrible.
Thats cool... wasn't sue how they would work that...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

cleech74

So, before the first pitch of tonight's Tigers vs O's game, Matt Wieters went 10 for 10 at the plate, threw out 22 base stealers, and got the O's middle relief 16 wins/saves.  Or one might think this is true, considering the HYPE he's generated in the Baltimore media, in the last few days. :roll:

Wieters actually went 0'fer with the bat in his debut, but the O's did win their 7th, of the last 8 games they've played. Go O's ! :-) :clap:

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

mattstick

Jays Win!
Jays Win!
Jays Win!

bonebo

Quote from: mattstick on May 30, 2009, 08:26:03 AM

Jays Win!
Jays Win!
Jays Win!

And allowed the Yankees to take over 1st in the AL East.  At least for today.  Looks like another typical season in the East, should be fun to see whose left standing at the end of the season.
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

Rift

Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

inourdr

Solid outing by Halladay last night. 14K CG. Not bad. Glad he's on my fantasy team!

mehead

He's been money for years - too bad he's stuck in Toronto...ne needs to get outta there
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

mattstick

"I thought we played a little tentative and scared because of who was on the mound. We go into it thinking this guy is, like, the best pitcher in baseball, and we're going to score one run if we're lucky."
- Joe Saunders

"He just keeps getting better and better. The first five or six innings, I don't know if we had a loud foul ball off him. He was as good as any pitcher we've seen with command of both sides of the plate.

"We put something together in the seventh inning with some good at-bats with runners in scoring position. Then he just turned off the faucet again and finished the game."
- Mike Scioscia

"No one says it, you just kind of get that feeling as a pitcher. You know, 'I'm facing Roy Halladay today, if I give up a run I might lose.' It puts added pressure on me and added pressure on the team to do whatever they can and for me to do whatever I can."
- Joe Saunders

"We checked a couple [called strike outs] on video. Those pitches were put right where he wanted them."
- Mike Scioscia

"He's the best there is in the game right now."
- Torii Hunter

"When I saw he was going back out there, I knew the Angels we're going to be in trouble."

"For me, it's fun, because I know I'm going to go out there and see one of the best pitchers of my generation."
- Rod Barajas

"It was just one of those innings where you find yourself behind and you're making some borderline pitches and you follow with some bad pitches."

"You just get yourself in a hole. But I tried to keep the same approach the whole game. The big thing was just getting ahead."
- Roy Halladay

"Doc stays in shape, he'll be back in here tomorrow working on being stronger for his next game. I wish I was in shape like that."

"He told me he was fine, he was feeling strong. He might get his rhythm off here and there but he gets it back and pitches well."

"Most guys wouldn't have got out of that inning probably with four runs. But great pitchers just seem to find a way to get out of it, or reach back and get a little bit more, and make better pitches and get themselves out of it. That's what he did."'
- Cito Gaston

"I have a lot of trust in those guys [in the bullpen]. I've had for the last [several years], and I'd gladly turn it over to them, but when you get the chance to finish, you always want to do that."
- Roy Halladay

"To a lot of guys the pitches that are coming in they look like balls and I'm sure they go and look at the videos and the pitches aren't exactly where they thought they were going to end up. He's got so much late movement, late life. What he's able to do with that baseball it's like playing a video game for me."

"You put that target down and away or you put that target in and you know the man's going to execute his pitches. He's some kind of special."
- Rod Barajas

"We're doing different things now, kind of throwing everything to both sides which at times will give you a lot more takes and swings and misses. That probably has more to do with it than anything."

"Stuff-wise I still feel good but being able to do different things and kind of change the way you pitch is essential if you're going to stay around a long time."
- Roy Halladay

"He was a doctor today. You have got to give it to him. He had surgery on all of us."
- Torii Hunter

inourdr

Quote from: mattstick on June 03, 2009, 08:41:55 PM

"He was a doctor today. You have got to give it to him. He had surgery on all of us."
- Torii Hunter

Great quote by Tori. I'm gonna have to throw that one in the memory bank. I've been a fan of Halladay's since the mid 90's.

inourdr

Speaking of pitching, there was some great performances yesterday... Billingsley, Lee, Niemann, Beckett, Weaver... Good day to be a pitcher.

antelope19

I stayed up to watch the O's game only to see them lose it in the bottom of the 9th.  It was almost 1AM!  Bastards!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment