News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2009 y'all

Started by mattstick, April 06, 2009, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inourdr

Quote from: antelope19 on June 04, 2009, 10:08:36 AM
I stayed up to watch the O's game only to see them lose it in the bottom of the 9th.  It was almost 1AM!  Bastards!!!!!!

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

blatboom

Quote from: inourdr on June 04, 2009, 10:42:04 AM
I stayed up to watch the O's game only to see them lose it in the bottom of the 9th.  It was almost 1AM!  Bastards!!!!!!

that some sort of Eastern thing?

inourdr

Quote from: blatboom on June 04, 2009, 01:25:40 PM

It's a quote from a movie. What I was getting at is that, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

GBL

obviously im a twins fan, but how SICK has Joe Maurer been so far this year?

since he came off the DL, he has to be the #1 performer in fantasy baseball

i smell MVP
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

I smell 10 years/$200 million with the Red Sox in 2010.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on June 04, 2009, 03:53:47 PM

Sad but true...   :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

GBL

ehhh...

SER tho he could end up being the greatest catcher to ever play the game, he obv has the potential..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

The good news, at least from my POV, is that given the huge money that they're paying JD Drew and the pending huge amount that they want to pay Mauer, they may not have the money (or flexibility) to extend Jason Bay with the contract he deserves.

blatboom

Quote from: inourdr on June 04, 2009, 02:13:50 PM

It's a quote from a movie. What I was getting at is that, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

yeah I know, it's from the Big Lebowski.  "is that some sort of Eastern thing?" is what The Dude says to the cowboy.

antelope19

NEW YORK (AP)—Yankees pitcher A.J. Burnett(notes) was suspended six games Thursday for throwing high-and-tight to Texas' Nelson Cruz(notes) earlier this week.

Burnett appealed the penalty, which had been set to take effect immediately. He can continue to pitch until a hearing is held.

"You kind of expect something to happen when the ball comes that close," Burnett said before New York played the Rangers in the series finale.

Burnett said it was the first time he'd been suspended. He seemed a bit surprised by the severity, and said his first reaction when told was: "Really?"

Burnett sailed a fastball near the head of Cruz during a 12-3 win Tuesday night. Earlier in the game, Texas' Vicente Padilla(notes) twice hit Mark Teixeira(notes) with pitches.

Both Burnett and Padilla were fined undisclosed amounts by Major League Baseball.

Cruz had homered earlier, and plate umpire Doug Eddings warned both teams after Burnett's pitch sailed past Cruz.

"That's a fastball in, man, whether it got knocked down or not," Burnett said after the game. "I mean, that's where it's going.

"Warnings are warnings, man. ... You've still got to go about your business and pitch in, don't pitch in."

Said Teixeira after it was over: "I think there was a little message sent."

Padilla said he did not mean to plunk Teixeira.

"The answer is that it's stupid if he thinks it was an intentional pitch," he said through a translator after the loss.

Burnett is 4-2 with a 4.69 ERA in 11 starts.

Padilla is 3-3 with a 5.57 ERA in nine starts. He has hit seven batters, second in the AL to Boston knuckleballer Tim Wakefield(notes).

There were reports Wednesday night that the Rangers had released Padilla, but Texas assistant general manager Thad Levine said no move had been made. Padilla was in uniform before the game, and is scheduled to start Sunday at Boston.

inourdr

Quote from: blatboom on June 04, 2009, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: inourdr on June 04, 2009, 02:13:50 PM

yeah I know, it's from the Big Lebowski.  "is that some sort of Eastern thing?" is what The Dude says to the cowboy.

Serious brain fart on my part.

inourdr

Quote from: GBL on June 04, 2009, 04:01:55 PM

ehhh...

SER tho he could end up being the greatest catcher to ever play the game, he obv has the potential..

IMHO I see him bound for a corner position, mostly likely 1B, due to his height. Which sucks because I really like the way he calls and manages the game. The daily grind of catching can take it's tolls on ones knees.

antelope19

Quote from: inourdr on June 04, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: GBL on June 04, 2009, 04:01:55 PM

ehhh...

IMHO I see him bound for a corner position, mostly likely 1B, due to his height. Which sucks because I really like the way he calls and manages the game. The daily grind of catching can take it's tolls on ones knees.

Same thing will happen to Wieters.  That's assuming he starts hitting better than .150.   :frustrated:

inourdr

Mr Minor