News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2009 y'all

Started by mattstick, April 06, 2009, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Hope the O's fans aren't too attached to Dave Tremblay...

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports believes the Orioles should stick with manager Dave Trembley next year because his teams haven't quit; they've just been overmatched. Rosenthal says it looks like Trembley's "a goner." Here are the rest of the rumors:

Rosenthal says Jim Riggleman and even Bobby Cox are among the managers with uncertain futures.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on August 18, 2009, 03:26:23 PM

Hope the O's fans aren't too attached to Dave Tremblay...

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports believes the Orioles should stick with manager Dave Trembley next year because his teams haven't quit; they've just been overmatched. Rosenthal says it looks like Trembley's "a goner." Here are the rest of the rumors:

Rosenthal says Jim Riggleman and even Bobby Cox are among the managers with uncertain futures.

Sucks, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on July 29, 2009, 02:51:31 PM

Dear Phillies,

When you don't make the playoffs, or lose in the playoffs because Cliff Lee is just an above-average pitcher, please remember that you had a chance to get Roy Halladay  - the best pitcher in baseball - but you didn't want to part with Kyle Drabek.

All the best,

Jays fans.

Dear Jays Fans,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to express your concern for our reigning world champion Phillies.  So you thought that picking up Cliff Lee was a bad idea?  Perhaps, but maybe you've noticed that he's posted a 0.82 ERA and is 4-0, 2 of which were complete games, since he's joined our team.  Or maybe you forgot that he won the Cy Young Award last year over your supposed "Best Pitcher in Baseball".  Speaking of "Doc" Halladay, how'd he look last night against the Sawx?  Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check the other game stats because I was too busy watching Cliff Lee pitch a 2 hitter.  But seriously, you probably should have traded the 32 year old righty when you had the chance.  It should be fun watching an aging pitcher on the downside of his career next year from the basement of the AL East. 

Sincerely,

The World Champion Phillies   

:wink:

inourdr

Quote from: antelope19 on August 20, 2009, 09:24:07 AM
Quote from: mattstick on July 29, 2009, 02:51:31 PM

Dear Phillies,

When you don't make the playoffs, or lose in the playoffs because Cliff Lee is just an above-average pitcher, please remember that you had a chance to get Roy Halladay  - the best pitcher in baseball - but you didn't want to part with Kyle Drabek.

All the best,

Jays fans.

Dear Jays Fans,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to express your concern for our reigning world champion Phillies.  So you thought that picking up Cliff Lee was a bad idea?  Perhaps, but maybe you've noticed that he's posted a 0.82 ERA and is 4-0, 2 of which were complete games, since he's joined our team.  Or maybe you forgot that he won the Cy Young Award last year over your supposed "Best Pitcher in Baseball".  Speaking of "Doc" Halladay, how'd he look last night against the Sawx?  Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check the other game stats because I was too busy watching Cliff Lee pitch a 2 hitter.  But seriously, you probably should have traded the 32 year old righty when you had the chance.  It should be fun watching an aging pitcher on the downside of his career next year from the basement of the AL East. 

Sincerely,

The World Champion Phillies   

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good stuff lope.... I mean Phillies.

mattstick

Dear Philiadelphia Phillies,

Thank your for your concern for our Doctor, he did struggle last night but we expect to see him back in form in no time.  I spoke with the good Doc shortly after his start and he had this to say: ""I wanna frickin' face a pitcher three times a game!  I wanna face frickin' Augie Ojeda three times a game!".  He also is pretty sure that most AAA pitchers could shut down that DBax lineup on any given night.  We are also pretty sure that Big Papi is back on Steroids, and we would have won the game if MLB were serious about getting drug users out of the game.  That said, we've pretty much given up on the season by now, but hey, we were in first place in the AL East for a month, which is a small victory in our little world.

All the best!

Jays Fans 2010

mattstick

Mr Minor

My buddy was just in Oakland and went to one of the A's/Yanks game.  He said there were ridiculous amounts of Yankee fans.  Great pic.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on August 20, 2009, 09:54:32 AM

Dear Philiadelphia Phillies,

Thank your for your concern for our Doctor, he did struggle last night but we expect to see him back in form in no time.  I spoke with the good Doc shortly after his start and he had this to say: ""I wanna frickin' face a pitcher three times a game!  I wanna face frickin' Augie Ojeda three times a game!".  He also is pretty sure that most AAA pitchers could shut down that DBax lineup on any given night.  We are also pretty sure that Big Papi is back on Steroids, and we would have won the game if MLB were serious about getting drug users out of the game.  That said, we've pretty much given up on the season by now, but hey, we were in first place in the AL East for a month, which is a small victory in our little world.

All the best!

Jays Fans 2010

:-D

antelope19

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 20, 2009, 09:57:16 AM
My buddy was just in Oakland and went to one of the A's/Yanks game.  He said there were ridiculous amounts of Yankee fans.  Great pic.

Funny how Yankee "Fans" come out of the woodwork when they're doing well.   :shakehead:

Mr Minor

Quote from: antelope19 on August 20, 2009, 09:58:03 AM

Funny how Yankee "Fans" come out of the woodwork when they're doing well.   :shakehead:

For real.  Eerily similar to the amount of Patriots fans that came out of the wookwork when they started winning all those superbowls.  Not that Pats fans are the same douchebags as Yankee fans, just to be clear.

edit to add:  I am not saying anything bad about Pats fans.

antelope19

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 20, 2009, 09:59:24 AM

For real.  Eerily similar to the amount of Patriots fans that came out of the wookwork when they started winning all those superbowls.  Not that Pats fans are the same douchebags as Yankee fans, just to be clear.

PFFT....I will.  Chowderheads suck just as bad as(or worse than) the rest of them!   :-P

Honestly, no team is immune to the bandwagon.  If by some miracle the O's started playing well, I'm sure Camden Yards would sell out each night and we'd see O's hats everywhere.   

okelnard

We just have the Lastros who are determined to be mediocre for all of eternity  :frustrated:

Our high point this year: sweeping the cards in a 3 game series.  And there was much rejoicing:
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

inourdr

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 20, 2009, 09:59:24 AM

So I'm a douchebag huh?  :wink:

Seriously though, I work in an office that's almost split 50/50 for the Yanks and Sox and I must say the Sox fans are WAY bigger douchebags than the Yankee fans, although they all get on my nerves. The Sox fans wouldn't shut up about the 8 game win streak they had on us before we took 4 from them a few weeks ago, and when that happened what did I do? Nothing. All I care about is a 2ft trophy with 30 flags on it.

/end rant

antelope19

Quote from: okelnard on August 20, 2009, 10:13:24 AM
We just have the Lastros who are determined to be mediocre for all of eternity  :frustrated:

Our high point this year: sweeping the cards in a 3 game series.  And there was much rejoicing:

Lastros, LOL.  I've never heard that before!  +k   :-D

blatboom

<<< Happy Cliff Lee owner.