News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

utorrent setup for vista

Started by Hokker, April 13, 2009, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokker

I am using windows vista home and am trying to get utorrent working. I am always showing that I am firewalled and can't figure out how to work it out. I have a modem going to a wireless router. The router is wired to a mac desktop and wired to the previously rmentioned windoze machine and wireless to a mac laptop. HELP!
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

jephrey

If using DHCP, your wireless router should assign local IP addresses to all your connected computers.  Usually set to be .100, .101, .102, etc.  In your router's settings, you have to open up the listen port for each local extension.  If you've already covered that and verified that you've opened up the port that the vista machine has been assigned, then you go to your computer's firewall and make adjustments.

Now don't ask me how to do anything in Vista.  This is an OS where the "on/off" button in the start menu puts the computer to sleep.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.