News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

True, but I soldier on none the less.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Mr Minor

Quote from: willsteele on September 11, 2008, 09:03:02 PM
"Maybe I would like Phish more if you didn't play them so much"   -   my wife

I feel your pain on this one...

willsteele

I guess I can't complain too much.  At least she likes them a little bit.....  but just a little bit.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

blatboom

"is this the same song??"

Mr Minor

Quote from: blatboom on September 12, 2008, 09:02:52 AM
"is this the same song??"

I hear it every time.  That's more annoying to me than Phish is to my wife...

G. Augusto

I've made a believer out of my girlfriend.
When you listen to entire Tours straight through in your car, they can't escape it.
She loves Bouncing, Disease and Sample!
Sings along, too!
n00b.
a

antelope19

Quote from: G. Augusto on September 12, 2008, 09:04:27 AM
When you listen to entire Tours straight through in your car, they can't escape it.
Sings along, too!
n00b.
a

:lol:

Dude, she was gettin' down to that Reba as we were leaving teh Shea!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

G. Augusto

Quote from: antelope19 on September 12, 2008, 09:09:47 AM
Quote from: G. Augusto on September 12, 2008, 09:04:27 AM
Sings along, too!
n00b.
a

:lol:

Dude, she was gettin' down to that Reba as we were leaving teh Shea!

True!
How couldn't you!!
a

willsteele

I catch her gettin into certain songs sometimes.  I'm prayin for the day when she busts out and says something I might say like....  that was the dopest jam I ever heard!  She really hates abnormal vocal jams, vaccuum solos and other forms of "screeching noise".

I do have to give her props though..  at least she knew of phish and actually had A Live One before I ever even knew they existed.  She loses points for Sparkle being her favorite song though.  ha
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

G. Augusto

I'm afraid it's her or the Phish.
a

StCarl

Heh.  My lady actually likes, and will listen to, Phish.  She isn't any full on phish head or anything, but she does own her own copies of Junta thru Billy Breathes and saw Phish a couple times in the early 90s, last in 96 I think.  She doesn't listen to shows unless I am, though, and as such I have noticed a distinct difference in her acceptance levels between SBDs and audience tapes (any muddiness and she is out - she prefers the stuff that "sounds good").  I can work with that, no problem.

The Grateful Dead was a hard sell, though.  After a couple of years of timing choice show pieces that I would think would grab ahold of, instead of repel or confuse, the novice... (even my assumption I'd held since college that all ladies are defenseless when faced with the awesome powers of JGB 3/18/78 proved not to be the case with her) I was starting to think it was never going to happen.  Then one spring day out in the garage, I caught her digging Help On The Way.... and then Franklins Tower...  my 1989 cassette re-release of Blues For Allah was the crack!  I didn't push it, but soon after I slyly put it on her ipod.  It was a week or so later she told me she was totally digging it.  I followed fast with American Beauty and we were in.  Now I can put on shows and not really have to think about it.  I can tell she is cooler with, say, 73-74, 77 than she is with the late 80s,90...  I can work with that, too.

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

willsteele

mopper_smurf

My girlfriend can handle Phish iin small doses. Undermind, Billly Breathes, Hoist - the "accessible" albums. I tried Farmhouse, but that one "lacks punch".

She loves "Waste" and has been caught singing it for my daughter.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

listening to my girlfriend give her number to some dude, with me standing right there, facing the other way talking to some other people....getting into a drunken argument with her afterwards....waking up hungover....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

G. Augusto

OH SNAP!!!!!
I forgot to call her!!!!!
a