News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

Day Two-

Still smoke free.  I had an awful vision yesterday of my daughter holding a sign that said "Don't Smoke.  You Are MY DADDY"

That had a profound effect on me.  Any time in the past few days that things have gotten rough, I think of that and sober right up.

kellerb

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 17, 2010, 06:50:57 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 17, 2010, 06:28:20 PM
Quote from: VA slim on March 17, 2010, 06:25:00 PM
hi my name is SLIM and i am an addict.               

-does anybody else find the only time they can think clealy about quitting is when they are smoking a cigarette?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Steps to Quitting Cigarettes

Step 1: Smoke a cigarette

Step 2: ???

Step 3:  Profit!

nab

Quote from: kellerb on March 17, 2010, 08:48:47 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 17, 2010, 06:50:57 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 17, 2010, 06:28:20 PM
Quote from: VA slim on March 17, 2010, 06:25:00 PM
hi my name is SLIM and i am an addict.               

-does anybody else find the only time they can think clealy about quitting is when they are smoking a cigarette?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Steps to Quitting Cigarettes

Step 1: Smoke a cigarette

Step 2: ???

Step 3:  Profit!

Step 3: Complete day 3.

I did.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gah

Way to go buddy! Keep it up!  :clap:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 19, 2010, 09:54:27 AM
Myself, I'm at 2 and a half months, so I feel I'm in the home stretch.  It seems to be getting easier now and the cravings are getting fewer and far between.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Just checking in.

Just completed day 5, 'bout ready to hit the sack.

Had a conversation with the wife.  She's still resistant, but starting to crack.  Luckily, I'm way more concentrated on quitting myself this time and not as worried by what she's doing.  But the ripple effect is starting to happen.

Howdy All, still in the game.

Declan

fucking great to hear man,

however hard it is to climb up that hill, it will be 10x as glorious to run down it
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

rowjimmy

nab

I have a goal in mind, and I'm using the financial aspect of quitting to help me along.  I've been spending money on "smokes", but instead of buying cigarettes, I've been socking away the 6 bucks a day instead.  I'm an absolute Final Fantasy freak, and don't have a console to play the latest game.  I figure that by the middle of May, at this rate, I will. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

Checking in again,

Day 6 Complete.

No applause needed, just feel accountable here.   :rawk:

postjack

Quote from: Phishy69 on March 19, 2010, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on March 19, 2010, 09:54:27 AM
Myself, I'm at 2 and a half months, so I feel I'm in the home stretch.  It seems to be getting easier now and the cravings are getting fewer and far between.

congrats man, that's a real good time in the quitting process.  you definitely have lots to be proud of.  sounds crazy, but beware of when the true cravings stop.  around 6 months i hadn't had a real craving in a while, but my mind started playing these stupid tricks on me, i'd see someone smoking a cigarette and think about how nice it would be to have one.  Truly insanity to make it that far from the last cigarette and suddenly, after all that pain and bullshit, my still addicted brain is telling me it would be all good to have one.

nab: i love your idea about paying yourself your cigarette money.  you'll have a badass new gaming console in no time.  :beers:
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::