News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

:clap:
Yes, jj, that can def. help.
Well done on day three. Let's kick day four's ass now.

nab

Nice job jj!

Surprisingly, that doesn't help me at all.  Drinking beers only bothers me nominally more than no beer at all, but smoking makes me want to smoke bad.

Go figure.

Congrats, keep doing what works for you.

justjezmund

well nab its not really helping that much today.  day five might be one of the worst days ive had in years.  I need a nap.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 26, 2010, 05:45:18 PM
well nab its not really helping that much today.  day five might be one of the worst days ive had in years.  I need a nap.

don't give in during the hard moments and you will pass through. Day six will be better. There is always one really bad day. If you can get over it.....
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

justjezmund

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 26, 2010, 06:09:49 PM

don't give in during the hard moments and you will pass through. Day six will be better. There is always one really bad day. If you can get over it.....
i think sunday is gunna be the first real nice day just cause i know how the restaurant will be tomorrow morning.  this day was a beast but im home now and gettin down with some" He Brew" and the Elvis Diesel.  :smoke:   

Superfreakie

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 26, 2010, 06:15:14 PM

i think sunday is gunna be the first real nice day just cause i know how the restaurant will be tomorrow morning.  this day was a beast but im home now and gettin down with some" He Brew" and the Elvis Diesel.  :smoke:

:clap: :beerbang: :music: :banana: :tte:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 26, 2010, 11:32:30 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on March 26, 2010, 06:15:14 PM

:clap: :beerbang: :music: :banana: :tte:

Day 10

I realized today that I was spending more time not worrying about smokes than I was obsessing about smoking them.  It gets easier. 

Six months is my hurdle, and the last time I was this serous was more than 3 years ago, but its day by day at this point.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

justjezmund

today went awesome.  Sleep like shit but went to work with bad intentions.  actually after about an hour first thing, really flowed well.  Few cravings today so far.  Now I got off and im playing golf again tomorrow.   :banana:

postjack

y'all are rocking it! keep coming here and sharing.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

justjezmund

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 22, 2010, 09:07:03 AM
ok im out of smokes and not going to the store.  wish me luck.
been one hell of a week.  time to go to work, thanks everyone for all the kynd words and encouragement this past week.

postjack

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 29, 2010, 08:10:14 AM
been one hell of a week.  time to go to work, thanks everyone for all the kynd words and encouragement this past week.

keep it up. a little more suffering in store this week, but its a cheap price compared to the rewards later. a really really cheap price! :rockout:
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

Quote from: postjack on March 29, 2010, 08:33:03 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on March 29, 2010, 08:10:14 AM

keep it up. a little more suffering in store this week, but its a cheap price compared to the rewards later. a really really cheap price! :rockout:

Congrats!

I'm just rounding out week two (I'll be there tomorrow) and I can attest to the suffering.  This week is where you find out if your reasoning is going to work.  It's easy to white knuckle your way through the first week, since you are so determined that sheer stubbornness can get the job done.  Now the battle really starts.

Fortunately, by now you have probably started to get used to not smoking.  This is also the week where I realized I was spending more time forgetting about smoking than I was obsessing about it.  This is also the week that other people's smoke started turning from desirable to disgusting.  This was also the week that I was able to go out and have a few drinks and not really worry about smoking, though smoke free bars in Montana definitely help.