News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Hood,

Jazzfest is gonna be tough for you... I know from experience. I bring Camel Snus with me to get through it. I used to bring Nicorette Gum. New Orleans is still a smoking city. Be careful. Be prepared because the temptation will be strong down there. Expect it and know how you're going to react and you should be fine.

Cheers.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 16, 2010, 04:04:26 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 16, 2010, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on April 16, 2010, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Way to go hood!
:clap:

:banana: notice dancin' banana. notice how he doesn't stop. that's 'cause he's not a smoker.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 16, 2010, 05:00:40 PM
Hood,

Jazzfest is gonna be tough for you... I know from experience. I bring Camel Snus with me to get through it. I used to bring Nicorette Gum. New Orleans is still a smoking city. Be careful. Be prepared because the temptation will be strong down there. Expect it and know how you're going to react and you should be fine.

Cheers.

I know. I mean, I knew, if I quit, it was going to have to be at least a month prior to Jazzfest. Me and uncleeb were just talking about this last night actually. And, the way it worked out, it will be 5 weeks exactly when I head down there. I was thinking about it, and thought maybe what could be nice, is getting a nice cigar for the last day, like Sunday afternoon, as a reward for making it through. But then, that would be nicotine entering my body again and I don't need that.

SO.... I'm thinking I'm gonna need to stock up on sunflower seeds!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Superfreakie

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 16, 2010, 05:10:15 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on April 16, 2010, 04:04:26 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 16, 2010, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on April 16, 2010, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Way to go hood!
:clap:

:banana: notice dancin' banana. notice how he doesn't stop. that's 'cause he's not a smoker.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 16, 2010, 05:00:40 PM
Hood,

Cheers.

I know. I mean, I knew, if I quit, it was going to have to be at least a month prior to Jazzfest. Me and uncleeb were just talking about this last night actually. And, the way it worked out, it will be 5 weeks exactly when I head down there. I was thinking about it, and thought maybe what could be nice, is getting a nice cigar for the last day, like Sunday afternoon, as a reward for making it through. But then, that would be nicotine entering my body again and I don't need that.

SO.... I'm thinking I'm gonna need to stock up on sunflower seeds!

DON'T GO WITH THE CIGAR. I FELL OFF THE WAGON ONCE WITH A CIGAR SMOKED TOO EARLY FROM THE DAY I HAD QUIT.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

justjezmund

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 22, 2010, 09:07:03 AM
ok im out of smokes and not going to the store.  wish me luck.
thanks to a lot of hard work from me, and good vibes and luck from all my friends here looks whos a member of the one month club. in time for earth day

woot woot  :banana: woot woot
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

gah

Quote from: JustJezmund on April 22, 2010, 11:34:58 AM
thanks to a lot of hard work from me, and good vibes and luck from all my friends here looks whos a member of the one month club. in time for earth day

YEAH! There you go! Awesome man! You're about 4 days ahead of me, but staying strong! And I know it hasn't been easy. This is awesome, honestly I was a little worried cause I didn't see any updates from you for awhile. Sweet! This makes me really happy. Woohoo!!!  :beers:

justjezmund

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 22, 2010, 11:47:34 AM

YEAH! There you go! Awesome man! You're about 4 days ahead of me, but staying strong! And I know it hasn't been easy. This is awesome, honestly I was a little worried cause I didn't see any updates from you for awhile. Sweet! This makes me really happy. Woohoo!!!  :beers:
ya i haven't been updating, it has been rough times. the  :smoke: still seems to help but what the big prob is bars when the women im trying to talk to are all going outside to smoke.   :frustrated: but whatever im feeling tons better.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

nab

Congrats!  Still holding strong here as well.  So is the wife.

WhatstheUse?

WAY TO GO PAUG!!! Seriously impressive guys!  I wonder if as many of you would have attempted stopping if it weren't for this thread  :?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

this thread makes me feel like shit.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 22, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

Have a cig, it'll calm your nerves  :wink:
Bring in the dude!

mbw

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 22, 2010, 03:23:27 PM
WAY TO GO PAUG!!! Seriously impressive guys!  I wonder if as many of you would have attempted stopping if it weren't for this thread  :?

Not at all. Honestly, I had tried when it resurfaced a few times, made it a couple days here, a couple days there, but then nab got involved, then jj, and then I realized the only time Uncleeb smoked was around me, and if we were out, I didn't want to be a bad influence on my friend, or deter him in any way from quitting, and knew I needed to quit too, and so this was as good a time as any. So I told him, I smoked my last cig last night, don't bother asking me for one next time we're out. I won't have any. I'm done. And that was that. Well, it wasn't that easy, shit, it's still hard. Last night was hard. It gets easier, but it doesn't go away.

Anyhow, no need to feel bad mbw, you'll do it whenever you feel like it, if you ever feel like it. I'll tell you this though, it's easier with the support of friends and when you know others are going thru the same thing you are. It helped me at least.

Superfreakie

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 22, 2010, 04:19:02 PM
It gets easier, but it doesn't go away.

Just so you know, it does completely go away. Around three months, I never craved it again. Thought about it when I saw someone smoking but there was no need behind the thought. Trust me, you will turn around some day soon and go "wow, it's not there anymore, no matter how deep I look".

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 22, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

Ser.  The closest I've been in a while is that I'm leaving my smokes at home when I go to work.  Somehow, knowing they're at home allows me to not rush to the gas station on lunch break for a pack, and that buys me 8 hours of not smoking.