News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 17, 2010, 02:52:19 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 17, 2010, 02:46:13 PM
Day 53 today.

That is all, and a good day to you, sirs.

:-)

Good to hear.
I was worried that your absence was due to embarrassment about having to post a "oops, I relapsed @ jazzfest" message in this thread.

Keep it up, dude!

No, hood has been doing a fantastic job!!!!!!

It is I who has been away due to embarrassment of relapse.  There is really no good excuse but after about a week or so of having a couple smokes each day, I'm back and on the train again.  I'm looking forward to another Thursday Tasty Treat (weekly celebratory beer with hood) which I declined last week due to my lapse.  More importantly looking forward to working on my health again.  :)

At day 3...again.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on May 17, 2010, 03:01:11 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 17, 2010, 02:52:19 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 17, 2010, 02:46:13 PM
Day 53 today.

That is all, and a good day to you, sirs.

:-)

Good to hear.
I was worried that your absence was due to embarrassment about having to post a "oops, I relapsed @ jazzfest" message in this thread.

Keep it up, dude!

No, hood has been doing a fantastic job!!!!!!

It is I who has been away due to embarrassment of relapse.  There is really no good excuse but after about a week or so of having a couple smokes each day, I'm back and on the train again.  I'm looking forward to another Thursday Tasty Treat (weekly celebratory beer with hood) which I declined last week due to my lapse.  More importantly looking forward to working on my health again.  :)

At day 3...again.

Stick with it man, and you know you've always got me to hang with when we're out and everyone else starts smoking. That was the point of doing this together!

Thanks RJ...Jazzfest got easier after I made it through day 1 smokeless, and after PG's friend got me elevated, and me and cleech got hooked up with goodies  :evil:

and Phishy69... I just needed a little self imposed hiatus from the paug in order to get caught up on "real" life stuff. But now that I'm back, I'm going to be post whoring, I recently read a book Just Jezmund wrote, maybe you've heard of it, "Post Whoring Like the Wind"  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Nice Hood, good to have ya back  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

Quote from: Phishy69 on May 17, 2010, 03:45:07 PM
indeed, this place wouldnt be the same without ya Aaditya.

on my own note.  this decision has turned so much of my life around its readicculusly awesome.  Today is the start of week 8, ive started better eating habits, started running, and have lost about 10lbs(about 4.5kg for you metric users).  and if it wasnt for you hood starting this thread, Im not sure if i would have stuck with it as much as i am not. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sls.stormyrider

Great work

not to worry UncleEb - keep at it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: JustJezmund on May 17, 2010, 05:53:07 PM

on my own note.  this decision has turned so much of my life around its readicculusly awesome.  Today is the start of week 8, ive started better eating habits, started running, and have lost about 10lbs(about 4.5kg for you metric users).  and if it wasnt for you hood starting this thread, Im not sure if i would have stuck with it as much as i am not.

Yeah man, way to keep at it. And I couldn't have even started without nab and uncleeb and you starting, so it's like the title says, contagious.

Check this ridiculousness. Last night, in my dream, I was at a bar with a buddy of mine, and we were talking music and having a beer, and I bummed a smoke off him, and had a drag, and then was like, wait!!! I quit....and he was like, yeah man, I was gonna say, and I was like, holy crap, what a moron, how did I let that slip by me, and spent the rest of my dream feeling bad about screwing up, only to wake up happy it was just a dream and to be smoke free. Crazy.

But, yeah, jj, I hear you on the effects quitting smoking has had on other aspects of your life. I feel like I've got so much other stuff in better check because of it, just feel more in control, as opposed to be dependent on a chemical. Concerning the weight thing, I actually have put on 8-10lbs since quitting, but am ok with that, cause like I was saying to someone else, step one to getting back in shape, is quitting smoking. There was no way I could even think about starting to eat right or working out again and still be a smoker. But lately, I've noticed my eating habits changing too, and starting to feel motivated to go running/biking again too.

I know, I know, sb....Anyhow, keep at it you guys! Doing great!  :beers:

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 18, 2010, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on May 17, 2010, 05:53:07 PM

Yeah man, way to keep at it. And I couldn't have even started without nab and uncleeb and you starting, so it's like the title says, contagious.

Check this ridiculousness. Last night, in my dream, I was at a bar with a buddy of mine, and we were talking music and having a beer, and I bummed a smoke off him, and had a drag, and then was like, wait!!! I quit....and he was like, yeah man, I was gonna say, and I was like, holy crap, what a moron, how did I let that slip by me, and spent the rest of my dream feeling bad about screwing up, only to wake up happy it was just a dream and to be smoke free. Crazy.

But, yeah, jj, I hear you on the effects quitting smoking has had on other aspects of your life. I feel like I've got so much other stuff in better check because of it, just feel more in control, as opposed to be dependent on a chemical. Concerning the weight thing, I actually have put on 8-10lbs since quitting, but am ok with that, cause like I was saying to someone else, step one to getting back in shape, is quitting smoking. There was no way I could even think about starting to eat right or working out again and still be a smoker. But lately, I've noticed my eating habits changing too, and starting to feel motivated to go running/biking again too.

I know, I know, sb....Anyhow, keep at it you guys! Doing great!  :beers:

Weight gets everyone, fortunately I am kind of "portly" guy anyhow.  :)  I have been definitely been trying to eat better too.  You are right, there is no way to get back into shape than to quick smoking first.  When I would run I used to sound like Fatty Magee, not really, but hopefully it provides enough imagery.

The contagious part is key here and the fact that we are all supporting each other, even amid some failures.  It has helped hold me accountable and to hear other people that have the same problems. 

Thanks to all and day 4 is almost down...again.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

PIE-GUY

Hi. I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as "Smoke Yourself Thin" and "Get Some Confidence, Stupid!"

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

justjezmund

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 18, 2010, 05:01:42 PM

Hi. I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as "Smoke Yourself Thin" and "Get Some Confidence, Stupid!"

thats always been one of my fav troy lines
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

gah

^^^ Classic!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Buffalo Budd

I have been having similar dreams a couple times a week over the past month.  I always wake up feeling like shit for slipping up and then realize it was just a dream.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Phishy69 on May 20, 2010, 11:32:52 AM
I have been having similar dreams a couple times a week over the past month.  I always wake up feeling like shit for slipping up and then realize it was just a dream.

I don't smoke pot anymore, haven't for about 8 years, but I still have frequent dreams where I puff down and get high, like full on baked. I probably get dream high about once every couple weeks. I attribute this to my past chronic consumption; from the age of 12 to 27 (15 years) I smoked on average five joints a day.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

I'm on day 3 of Chantix.  I've had some side effects.  It's been hard to focus at work and I've been a little queezy, but nothing major.   This afternoon they started tasting nasty to me and I've been going longer and longer in between smokes.  Everybody wish me luck!!!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

Quote from: Undermind on June 11, 2010, 06:05:23 PM
I'm on day 3 of Chantix.  I've had some side effects.  It's been hard to focus at work and I've been a little queezy, but nothing major.   This afternoon they started tasting nasty to me and I've been going longer and longer in between smokes.  Everybody wish me luck!!!

Good luck brother. I can tell you without a doubt, this thread helped me so many times over. I hit 11 weeks yesterday, and even though I don't think about it as much anymore, the other night, I was at DDBB, and it was about 11:30, I was pretty hammered and dancing my ass off, and I thought about it for about 1/2 a second, and then thought about this thread and everybody, and it went away, just....like....that....

Keep us posted on the progress and stages.....

Undermind

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 11, 2010, 06:23:55 PM
Quote from: Undermind on June 11, 2010, 06:05:23 PM

Good luck brother. I can tell you without a doubt, this thread helped me so many times over. I hit 11 weeks yesterday, and even though I don't think about it as much anymore, the other night, I was at DDBB, and it was about 11:30, I was pretty hammered and dancing my ass off, and I thought about it for about 1/2 a second, and then thought about this thread and everybody, and it went away, just....like....that....

Keep us posted on the progress and stages.....

thanks dude....I'm sure I will be leaning on you guys!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog