News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

On day 6 of chantix. The side effects are become less and less problematic.  Cigarettes are starting to taste really nasty.  I've only had 3 so far today.  Normally by this time of the day I would be well over half a pack.

sdit:  Actually it's day 7
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

justjezmund

Sunday went as easy as cake for me.  Im didnt see hood smoking but lost him first set.  Im confident he didnt smoke either.  Usually its so much

harder drunk, but sunday was different.  I got pretty drunk(thanks to lope and his boheims not to mention hoods double shot of jack)  and super

easy not to smoke.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 15, 2010, 10:39:40 AM
i REALLY need on this bandwagon.

i will by all means not pressure you to start cause for me at least it was a very (difficult/easy) decision.  Difficult on the part of timing, sometimes its

just not right yet.  I say that only cause for a bit it was the worst timing with work and what not.  But easy cause it is really shitty.  Im only coming

out with this stuff cause im still at the beginning of my non smoker life for the first time in over 10 yrs.  Am kinda giddy on the fact of how much

better a month or so feels. but then if you really wanna i will put on the pressure and you know we're here to help you along the way. thats

enough jibber from me.

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on June 15, 2010, 09:29:50 AM
:banana: :banana: Today is my 1 year anniversary of QUITING smoking!!  :banana: :banana:

congrats  :clap:

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Quote from: JustJezmund on June 15, 2010, 06:10:42 PM
Sunday went as easy as cake for me.  Im didnt see hood smoking but lost him first set.  Im confident he didnt smoke either.  Usually its so much

harder drunk, but sunday was different.  I got pretty drunk(thanks to lope and his boheims not to mention hoods double shot of jack)  and super

easy not to smoke.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 15, 2010, 10:39:40 AM
i REALLY need on this bandwagon.

i will by all means not pressure you to start cause for me at least it was a very (difficult/easy) decision.  Difficult on the part of timing, sometimes its

just not right yet.  I say that only cause for a bit it was the worst timing with work and what not.  But easy cause it is really shitty.  Im only coming

out with this stuff cause im still at the beginning of my non smoker life for the first time in over 10 yrs.  Am kinda giddy on the fact of how much

better a month or so feels. but then if you really wanna i will put on the pressure and you know we're here to help you along the way. thats

enough jibber from me.

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on June 15, 2010, 09:29:50 AM
:banana: :banana: Today is my 1 year anniversary of QUITING smoking!!  :banana: :banana:

congrats  :clap:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Natty Boh, FTW!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

jj, for real. it's been almost 3 months now.....even in my most drunken state, i wouldn't have one.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

justjezmund

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 16, 2010, 04:44:21 PM
jj, for real. it's been almost 3 months now.....even in my most drunken state, i wouldn't have one.
I am fo real so happy to hear it.  I just kinda freaked out this morning. 

justjezmund

wow, i have been wanting to post this all day but now i have the chance.

real crazy dream last night.

I was walking into Phish in the dream (i believe it was supposed to be hartford 2 since i didnt attend) but it looked nothing like comcast.  There were

old Victorian houses that looked like they were straight outta DR. Seuss (abstract designs whatnot) at the back of the lawn.  I remember actually

bumping into hood in the line in and he followed and then proceeded to rage.  The most important part is I also remember lightin up a cig in this

dream, and realizing that i no longer smoked got rid of it.  The dream ended after that.

I thought it strange because i think i recall aaditya posting that he had a similar type of dream after he stopped smoking.

I believe that i am def through the worst of it.  If i can control "dream" me to stop smoking i think its out of my life for good.

This will be my last post in here since this dream really hit me in a good good way. 

Im so happy i have taken a better course of life for myself and I have to take time to thank all my friends on here who had a part in that goal.

Thank you and see you in other threads.

nab

Just realized that I passed the second of the "big 3" on the 16th.  The fact that I forgot to count it seems like a good sign to me.

Superfreakie

Quote from: nab on June 19, 2010, 07:17:02 PM
Just realized that I passed the second of the "big 3" on the 16th.  The fact that I forgot to count it seems like a good sign to me.

fantastic  :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phuzzyfish12

VA $l!m

gotta say that hangin with GAH this week @ the PMuth show really was inspiring! quittin is about as high up my priorities list as anything, and with a lil magic i hope to be joining ya'll in quitin ASAP :smoke: :wtu:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Quote from: VA slim on June 20, 2010, 12:30:16 AM
gotta say that hangin with GAH this week @ the PMuth show really was inspiring! quittin is about as high up my priorities list as anything, and with a lil magic i hope to be joining ya'll in quitin ASAP :smoke: :wtu:

Pretty much came down to one thing for me; either you smoke for the rest of your life or you don't.  Once you boil it down from there, there is only one real rational decision; not that human beings always act rationally.

If you enjoy smoking for the rest of your life, go for it.  If not, then you're going to have to make some decisions to abate the smoking habit, no matter how difficult it is.  Occasionally there may be some mix ups.  For instance, I'm only on month 3 of complete abstinence despite my attempts over the last 3 years to quit.  I probably will struggle with this in small ways over the rest of my life. My fault and my responsibility. 

I just want to look my daughter in the eye, and say with a straight face that I did what I could to be free of that nasty habit.

I quit on her 3rd birthday and hope it continues to be a great anniversary for me as I move on in life as well. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: nab on June 20, 2010, 12:50:51 AM
I probably will struggle with this in small ways over the rest of my life.

Trust me NAB, the cravings or thoughts of will eventually disappear completely. Wait till you come back to this thread in a year. Trust me.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 20, 2010, 01:50:19 AM

Trust me NAB, the cravings or thoughts of will eventually disappear completely. Wait till you come back to this thread in a year. Trust me.

Just talked to my wife about this very thought.  The cravings are going away for both of us but we're still afraid of the long term.  I still hear old timers (20+ years away from the cigs) talking about how the feeling still visits them from time to time. 

Thats why I mention cravings from "time to time".  Quitting is a bit like inviting a death into your own life to invite a life into your own life.  The pain of quitting isn't really any different than saying goodbye to one part of your life in the same way you mourn a death in the family. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: nab on June 20, 2010, 02:03:58 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on June 20, 2010, 01:50:19 AM

Just talked to my wife about this very thought.  The cravings are going away for both of us but we're still afraid of the long term.  I still hear old timers (20+ years away from the cigs) talking about how the feeling still visits them from time to time. 

Thats why I mention cravings from "time to time".  Quitting is a bit like inviting a death into your own life to invite a life into your own life.  The pain of quitting isn't really any different than saying goodbye to one part of your life in the same way you mourn a death in the family.

but I smoked for 18 years and have been free for 4. It's not a craving, but more of a thought. I will walk past a smoker on the street and think about it for 15 seconds, like "hmmm, I used to smoke, could I smoke one? maybe, do I want to? no" and my thoughts then move on.....to that hot chick with a miniskirt walking in front of me.

Undermind

20 hours cigarette free.  The cravings are rougher than I guess I expected with the Chantix.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog