News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: Undermind on June 20, 2010, 12:03:51 PM
20 hours cigarette free.  The cravings are rougher than I guess I expected with the Chantix.

keep it up dood!!!!

were here for ya
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Undermind

Quote from: JustJezmund on June 20, 2010, 12:15:42 PM
Quote from: Undermind on June 20, 2010, 12:03:51 PM
20 hours cigarette free.  The cravings are rougher than I guess I expected with the Chantix.

keep it up dood!!!!

were here for ya

thanks!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

nab: I gotta believe SF when he says that he doesn't think about it, because I'm going to hit 3 months here on Friday, and I definitely don't think about it as much. It's not gone completely, but it just doesn't require as much mental work to fight it. And I know its something that might always be there, but I know it gets easier, just because of how different it has been the last few weeks compared to the first few weeks.

slim: you'll get there when the time is right. it took me many times, and many years to finally quit. but I think this is for real. i mean, you saw me though, its still not easy, when we were at MMW, and I hung outside with everyone smoking, but after 15 minutes, I just knew I had to go inside, I couldn't be around it any more.

jj: funny story, Saturday night I had another dream, this time, i was also entering a Phish show, Merriweather i think it was, and i was drinking, and decided, what the hell, I was going to have one, I don't care, and then I was about half way through, and I was thinking, oh man, this is great, why did I quit again, and then I finished, and put it out, and just sat there staring at the ground and it hit me, shit, what a f-ing waste. That wasn't worth it at all! 3 months of hard work gone down the drain! what an ass clown! Now I got to start all over again?!?! day one starting tomorrow after 3 months.....horseshit! I was soooo pissed at myself, but then woke up. And I think it was a good reminder, because lately, subconsciously I had been thinking about it, this coming up on 3 months marker and how everyone says that another milestone. And I can see why, it's like 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months is that last push nicotine is making to get back into your life, and you just got to fight back. Anyhow, so yeah, there was another dream.

undermind: where y'at? i can tell you for a fact, having the paug and this thread to hold you accountable helped in my (and I can assume others) quitting. talk about it, bitch about it, tell us what you're going through physically, mentally, whatever you need to push though and make it another day. We're here for you!

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Undermind

I am 73 and a half hours cigarette free!!!  Thanks for asking hood!  Today was the roughest craving so far.  I have about a half hour ride to and from work each day and that was prime smoking time for me.  I'd at least have 2, sometimes 3 on each trip.  Anyway the ride to work today was pretty brutal.  I had the thought of pulling into a store and buying a pack but fought it successfully!  Another day down.  This weekend will be rough.  I am going to a family reunion at which there will be quite a bit of drinking and smoking going on.  I may have to go inside from time to time to get away but I should be ok.
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

gah

Quote from: Undermind on June 22, 2010, 05:36:15 PM
I am 73 and a half hours cigarette free!!!  Thanks for asking hood!  Today was the roughest craving so far.  I have about a half hour ride to and from work each day and that was prime smoking time for me.  I'd at least have 2, sometimes 3 on each trip.  Anyway the ride to work today was pretty brutal.  I had the thought of pulling into a store and buying a pack but fought it successfully!  Another day down.  This weekend will be rough.  I am going to a family reunion at which there will be quite a bit of drinking and smoking going on.  I may have to go inside from time to time to get away but I should be ok.

before you know it those hours will start turning into days. keep it up man, and about this weekend, you already know what you need to do. Take yourself out of those situations when you think you might want one. Find the reason for wanting one, and find a way to combat it. And the reasons will be different in different situations, and until you find an answer to each one of them, it will be difficult. But each time you win one of those battles, the next time it comes up, you'll already have an answer.

You're doing great man! :clap:

justjezmund

Undermind

VA $l!m

i'm so happy for ya'll, and very proud.

i honestly hope that by the end of the summer i'll be on the wagon as well.

GAH gave me some great tips when i was in VA, and just knowing someone as cool as he is can do it and still be a PIMP, gives me hope! :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gah

Quote from: VA slim on June 22, 2010, 08:15:14 PM
i'm so happy for ya'll, and very proud.

i honestly hope that by the end of the summer i'll be on the wagon as well.

GAH gave me some great tips when i was in VA, and just knowing someone as cool as he is can do it and still be a PIMP, gives me hope! :mrgreen:

i don't know about that, pimps a strong word, playa i can live with, but straight up pimp, i don't know.....that might be a bit much..... :mrgreen:

mbw

all patched up and ready to play.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Undermind

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 25, 2010, 12:27:46 PM

:-o

AND PSYCHED!!!

You can do this! I have no doubt! NO DOUBT!

Here's some motivation to get you off on the right foot!

justjezmund

Best of luck to you bro.  Im happy you joined this thread :clap:

Superfreakie

have lot's of 420 handy. Good Luck.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.