News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

I've now gone 9 days with no cigarettes at all!  It's becoming easier and easier.  The cravings are becoming less and less :clap:

Over the weekend I had a family reunion at which about half of the adults are smokers.  i drank about a 6 pack of Double Bag so I had a good buzz going and the smokers didn't bother me much at all.  Now I'm sure the Chantix is currently helping alot with that but I am still quite proud of myself!

How are you doing MBW?
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

Quote from: Undermind on June 28, 2010, 06:37:33 PM
I've now gone 9 days with no cigarettes at all!  It's becoming easier and easier.  The cravings are becoming less and less :clap:

Over the weekend I had a family reunion at which about half of the adults are smokers.  i drank about a 6 pack of Double Bag so I had a good buzz going and the smokers didn't bother me much at all.  Now I'm sure the Chantix is currently helping alot with that but I am still quite proud of myself!

How are you doing MBW?

wootwoot!!!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Undermind

MBW.....still wearing the patch?  I'm now at 17 days cigarette free!!!  How is everybody else doing?
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 25, 2010, 12:27:46 PM
all patched up and ready to play.
I'm late to the party but shit yeah!  Welcome.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Undermind on July 06, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
MBW.....still wearing the patch?  I'm now at 17 days cigarette free!!!  How is everybody else doing?

woot woot! i was thinking about you today when I drove home for work, wondering if you';d osted in here. guess i missed this....congrats! and keep itup bro! :beers:

justjezmund

Quote from: Undermind on July 06, 2010, 06:22:07 PM

I noticed after i went back that i havent said it here, only hood has heard the drunken truth. (boiling whiskey will do that)

I fell off a while ago, but fell back on and really took control.

that was almost two months ago (in two days it will be two months)

Never been better.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

phuzzyfish12

Almost brokedown this weekend.....

Its been over a year since I've quit but being in ATL this weekend made it SOOOO hard to not pick up a smoke. People smoking EVERYWHERE!!!!! I almost cracked under the pressure, I was on vacation after all so I was trying to justify it in my head, tried VERY HARD to justify it....but then I thought about the last year and how nice its been to not be a smoker and I thought about what an ass I would feel like also if I had to come in here and post I smoked this past weekend. Eventually though, what really kept me from NOT smoking was how pissed I got at myself for even wanting one after I hadn't had one in so long, pissed something so stupid could still sneak up on me and try and take control of me.

I am happy to say though I did not smoke any cigarettes this weekend  :-D and I couldn't have done it without you guys  :clap:

Undermind

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on July 07, 2010, 10:30:17 AM

Its been over a year since I've quit but being in ATL this weekend made it SOOOO hard to not pick up a smoke. People smoking EVERYWHERE!!!!! I almost cracked under the pressure, I was on vacation after all so I was trying to justify it in my head, tried VERY HARD to justify it....but then I thought about the last year and how nice its been to not be a smoker and I thought about what an ass I would feel like also if I had to come in here and post I smoked this past weekend. Eventually though, what really kept me from NOT smoking was how pissed I got at myself for even wanting one after I hadn't had one in so long, pissed something so stupid could still sneak up on me and try and take control of me.

I am happy to say though I did not smoke any cigarettes this weekend  :-D and I couldn't have done it without you guys  :clap:

It is awesome that you didn't cave in!!!!  Congratulations!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

khalpin

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on July 07, 2010, 10:30:17 AM

Awesome!  Glad to hear the fear of posting here and getting  :samurai: helps.

Whatever it takes.

nab

Still going great here.  I'll be coming up on four months soon. 

This thread works

justjezmund

Quote from: nab on July 08, 2010, 09:29:19 AM

This thread works

better than nicorette
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

gah

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 08, 2010, 09:36:55 AM
Quote from: nab on July 08, 2010, 09:29:19 AM

This thread works

better than nicorette

better than moonshine.....
damn sure better than rain.

3 and a half months here, and going strong.

Glad to hear you stayed strong there phuzzy, I hear that about it creeping up. Earlier this week I was out, and stepped outside with a couple friends that were smoking, and thought for about 0.278 of a second how good a drag off one of them might feel, but didn't. It will creep up on you, and when it does, put it right out of your mind with something else.

VA $l!m

well i got prescribed the patch the other day... but im still scared shitless to start. its worse b/c ive gone up from 15 to over 25/30 a day in the last few months. its basically my only coping mechanism for all the fuked up shit going on in my life right now, but i 100% have to quit for my health concerns. ugh, this is gonna suck.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gah

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 22, 2010, 09:53:06 AM
well i got prescribed the patch the other day... but im still scared shitless to start. its worse b/c ive gone up from 15 to over 25/30 a day in the last few months. its basically my only coping mechanism for all the fuked up shit going on in my life right now, but i 100% have to quit for my health concerns. ugh, this is gonna suck.

1. find another coping mechanism (skating?).
2. stop thinking of it as something that's going to suck.
3. try weaning yourself down before quitting completely.
4. talk abut it with anyone and everyone that will listen when you're itching for one.
5. read this thread from the beginning, and post what you're going through.
6. know we all support you.
7. good luck brother.

aphineday

It's been about 3 years and 2 months since I've had a cigarette. It's weird that I remember the day I quit, but I do. I KNOW how hard the battle is, but trust me it gets much much easier. Just because I quit smoking cigs doesn't mean I quit smoking everything though ;). I think that was better than the patch for me. I don't let myself smoke spliffs or blunts, anything like that... just remove the nicotine completely. You guys are fucking rockstars to be able to pull this off with the support of everyone around the board. Congrats, and remember how much your body thanks you, seriously. I know that sounds lame, but holy shit you will feel SO much better.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...