News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 22, 2010, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 22, 2010, 09:53:06 AM
well i got prescribed the patch the other day... but im still scared shitless to start. its worse b/c ive gone up from 15 to over 25/30 a day in the last few months. its basically my only coping mechanism for all the fuked up shit going on in my life right now, but i 100% have to quit for my health concerns. ugh, this is gonna suck.

1. find another coping mechanism (skating?).
2. stop thinking of it as something that's going to suck.
3. try weaning yourself down before quitting completely.
4. talk abut it with anyone and everyone that will listen when you're itching for one.
5. read this thread from the beginning, and post what you're going through.
6. know we all support you.
7. good luck brother.

think about all the stuff thats gunna be so much better without cigs.  Skating, ragin, sexin.  pretty much everything.  Best of luck dooder.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Slim it won't be easy, but its worth it.  I have had slip ups, but yesterday I started my journey once again.  So back on day 1.5.  I have added the nictoine losenges (smallest dose) as a way to help.  So far I have only had 4.  Consider me your quitting buddy as all of these other guys. 

Basically the other day I realized how much of a PUSSY FUCK I was being by making excuses and just kind of floating through life about it.  SO many people have had to stop for various reasons including there own personal desire and I have just been a flat out PUSS!  I know I am a strong individual and I am gonna kick this habit!  Fuck this!  You with me?!?
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

WhatstheUse?

Good luck Slim, you can do it!
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

So when I went to see Furthur I was going to trip but it didn't work out. So there I was, the band coming on, and I was stone cold sober. So I hit a buddy's j, one huge toke, first time in nearly 8 years. Now if you remember, I've posted several times that I don't 420 anymore because I can't handle the buzz now that I don't puff regularly (no tolerance=uncontrolled nightmarish paranoia). Strange because I can lay a five strip no problem. Oh well, sure enough I wind up on this huge introspective trip while trying to focus on the music. It was a mental struggle from hell. Finally, to try to ease my nerves, I bummed a smoke off a buddy. I think in total I smoked three cigarettes that night. Anyway, I haven't smoked since but I'll tell you I still consider myself having quit years ago and not a couple weeks ago at Furthur.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

i prolly should have never posted in this thread until i had a few days under my belt.
i didnt last 24 hrs.  i'm a 2 pack a day smoker, 3 when drinking.
gotta give it a shot again soon as i can literally feel it killing me.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 22, 2010, 03:09:01 PM
i prolly should have never posted in this thread until i had a few days under my belt.

No part of the thread is to hold you accountable and I think it shows very clearly that the shit is not easy.  I am giving it a go and I am convinced this is it!  Only time will truly tell, but it so stupid that I smoke.  No point really.  No one at work knows I smoke, I hide it from my wife, friends, parents, etc.  Shit I smoked the entire 4 days I was on tour and I was wtih paugers the whole time.  But I was basically hiding it and that gets old too.  Bottom line is, you can do it!!! 

Even small wins are better than no battle at all.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 22, 2010, 03:05:31 PM
So when I went to see Furthur I was going to trip but it didn't work out. So there I was, the band coming on, and I was stone cold sober. So I hit a buddy's j, one huge toke, first time in nearly 8 years. Now if you remember, I've posted several times that I don't 420 anymore because I can't handle the buzz now that I don't puff regularly (no tolerance=uncontrolled nightmarish paranoia). Strange because I can lay a five strip no problem. Oh well, sure enough I wind up on this huge introspective trip while trying to focus on the music. It was a mental struggle from hell. Finally, to try to ease my nerves, I bummed a smoke off a buddy. I think in total I smoked three cigarettes that night. Anyway, I haven't smoked since but I'll tell you I still consider myself having quit years ago and not a couple weeks ago at Furthur.   
Doesn't count  :wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Phishy69 on July 22, 2010, 03:17:57 PM

yeah, man did I ever lose my shit for a bit there.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Superfreakie

i'm a 2 pack a day smoker, 3 when drinking.

that's pretty solid. I'll tell you right now as a heads up, you're body is going to go into major withdrawal. As in massive migraines, possible vomiting, fevers etc.... it's not going to be pretty. Essentially, you're going to feel like you are dying. It'll be like kicking heroin. Batten down the hatches if you go through with it and tell everyone around you so they know why you are crawling up the walls or are being a complete dick. 

justjezmund

no you def should have posted.  It means that you are at least thinking about doing it.  Its better than not, i know smokers that really have no desire to stop.  And you may still be smoking but someday you won't. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 22, 2010, 03:21:13 PM
Quote from: Phishy69 on July 22, 2010, 03:17:57 PM

yeah, man did I ever lose my shit for a bit there.
Next time the opportunity presents itself for a puff, baby steps bud.  :smoke: :angel:
And I will vouch that it was quality stuff they passed around that night.

gah

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 22, 2010, 03:56:13 PM

no you def should have posted.  It means that you are at least thinking about doing it.  Its better than not, i know smokers that really have no desire to stop.  And you may still be smoking but someday you won't.

Agree 100%. The fact that you are even thinking about it means you're on the right path, those are the first steps.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 22, 2010, 02:52:05 PM
Slim it won't be easy, but its worth it.  I have had slip ups, but yesterday I started my journey once again.  So back on day 1.5.  I have added the nicotine lozenges (smallest dose) as a way to help.  So far I have only had 4.  Consider me your quitting buddy as all of these other guys. 

Basically the other day I realized how much of a PUSSY FUCK I was being by making excuses and just kind of floating through life about it.  SO many people have had to stop for various reasons including there own personal desire and I have just been a flat out PUSS!  I know I am a strong individual and I am gonna kick this habit!  Fuck this!  You with me?!?

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 22, 2010, 03:56:13 PM

Very true, you have to want to quit first, some people never get there or want to get there so congrats for taking your first step to being a non-smoker.

Smoking as much as you do, you might want to try and smoke less each day, until you feel comfortable to quit altogether. Even one less cigarette a day will be a positive step.

We're with you!! I almost cracked in ATL after a year of not smoking, I wanted a smoke last night while I was pounding down some vodka. So no it wont be easy to quit but the reward at the end, living a smoke free life, key word being LIVING, is all worth it :-)

VA $l!m

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 22, 2010, 02:52:05 PM
Slim it won't be easy, but its worth it.  I have had slip ups, but yesterday I started my journey once again.  So back on day 1.5.  I have added the nictoine losenges (smallest dose) as a way to help.  So far I have only had 4.  Consider me your quitting buddy as all of these other guys. 

i hope so man. i'll def keep u in mind when i get things rollin. unfortunately im trying to quit at one of the most stressful points of my life, but i really have no choice. i am gonn aat least wait until i quit my job, will be within the next few weeks, and ive currentyl decided against the patch, and am leaning towards the prescriptions... but if i can somehow pull it off sooner rather than later it might even mean that my family that is helping me with some of  my medical bills might let me fly out for the JB shows as a reward...might... but thats a pretty nice side motivation  to get me over the hump... honestly i dotn know if my doc would even let me try and  quit if he knew how depressed i really am on a day to day basis right now.
thanks for any future support fellas.
good luck to every1.
do it to it.
man, if i could only afford some ganj that'd be a bonus :smoke: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

my ex told me smokes in nyc the other day were $14 now :-o :crazy:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-