News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 28, 2010, 10:54:59 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 28, 2010, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: nab on July 28, 2010, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on July 28, 2010, 05:38:10 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 28, 2010, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: Phishy69 on July 28, 2010, 03:54:46 PM
Ha!  Just keeping you on your toes.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I hit 7 months on Sunday.

you're 3 ahead of me. Sunday was my 4 month mark.

:beers:

you both are still ahead of me three months coming up soon.

4 months happened on the 16th for me, working toward 5 now.

awesome Nab, I completely forgot about you.  :clap:

I didn't! Hoping its all going strong, adn your lady is sticking with it too.

Also, no worries jj, one of these days you'll catch up to me, and i'll catch up to nab and we' catch up to phishy, and uncle eb will catch us, and we'll all catch up to superfreakie.....then, i don't know what happens.....

Then we have to form a new competition.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

VA $l!m

alright fellas.
time for iceman to get serious.
after over 12 years as a professional waiter i worked my last shift ever on tuesday.
my health is at defcon 4 and im dying.
so, im in.

im smoking about 25 cigs a day right now, and ive been a daily smoker for over 18 years.
the last time i tried to quit was about 4 and a half years ago, and i made it a week or so.
It is 11:41 cst, and there are 7 camel lights in my box.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gah

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on July 29, 2010, 12:42:01 PM
alright fellas.
after over 12 years as a professional waiter i worked my last shift ever on tuesday.
so, im in.

im smoking about 25 cigs a day right now, and ive been a daily smoker for over 18 years.
the last time i tried to quit was about 4 and a half years ago, and i made it a week or so.

Don't smoke em.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

alright fellas.
so, im in.

In my head, that reallly realllly sounds like a movie preview

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 29, 2010, 12:53:29 PM
alright fellas.
so, im in.

Don't smoke em.

The serious move would be to flush those 7 smokes.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2010, 01:18:53 PM
alright fellas.
so, im in.

Don't smoke em.

Write each day of the week on them, and carry that days with you as a reminder, and at the end of each day, break it or smoke it as a reward for making it all day, and consider yourself one day closer. When they're all gone, you'll be one week in, and a lot more prepared to move forward without any at all.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2010, 01:18:53 PM
alright fellas.
so, im in.

Don't smoke em.

The day I quit (over a year ago) I threw out an ENTIRE pack of cigarettes!!

DON'T SMOKE THEM!!!!

Buffalo Budd

alright fellas.
so, im in.

Good luck Slim  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

I suppose my last post should have included this:
Quote from: Phishy69 on July 29, 2010, 01:54:01 PM
Good luck Slim  :beers:

Because, of course, I wish you the best of luck and strength.

I know that this really only works if you are doing it for yourself because you know that YOU need it but I want to note that we want it for you too. I think I can comfortably speak for everybody here when I say that; including those who still smoke. We want to see you make it. We want to help you make it. The 'paug is manned by somebody through most hours day and night so you can ALWAYS come here for encouragement or a talk-down if you are feeling like caving.

Also, feel free to call me for support.

Buffalo Budd

I had to laugh looking at your post RJ
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2010, 03:05:27 PM
Also, feel free to call this guy ^^^ for support.
:wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2010, 03:05:27 PM
The 'paug is manned by somebody through most hours day and night so you can ALWAYS come here for encouragement or a talk-down if you are feeling like caving.

I generally man the 'paug/fort in the wee hours of the morning, so feel free to hit me up.....in fact, I think we have convo'd at those hours before. I know I chat up the west coast boys around that time. You should probably get involved in the huge GD project about to commence at LL, it'll help get your mind off things.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

UncleEbinezer

slim, you can do it.  Good luck and hit me up anytime too.  I'm only one week 1, but I made it and it feels pretty good.  It is real tough but each day you feel like you are a stronger person. 

mattstick

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on July 29, 2010, 01:45:56 PM

The day I quit (over a year ago) I threw out an ENTIRE pack of cigarettes!!

DON'T SMOKE THEM!!!!

I gave almost an entire carton of smokes to some Scottish kids when I decided to quit.

UncleEbinezer

Yesterday marked the end of Day 9 and the today is the beginning of Day 10 for me.  Its been a struggle everyday.  Actually on Wednesday night I had several beers out at a bar and really felt those cravings start coming on.  I popped my little nicotine lozenge and kept me good to go.  I had GAH and my wife to make sure I didn't dissappear, but the little nicotine bump, helps distract your mind from it. 

I use the lowest dose and since I have started this process I may have popped 10 or so, but I had been weaning down and going a day or two without a smoke.  For anyone else that is struggling or attempting, find all the possible ways you need to help you along.  The first few days and weeks are the toughest and I can say that only because this is like my fifth time I've been at this juncture.  I just expect it to be the last.

Superfreakie

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 30, 2010, 09:23:05 AM
Yesterday marked the end of Day 9 and the today is the beginning of Day 10 for me.  Its been a struggle everyday.  Actually on Wednesday night I had several beers out at a bar and really felt those cravings start coming on.  I popped my little nicotine lozenge and kept me good to go.  I had GAH and my wife to make sure I didn't dissappear, but the little nicotine bump, helps distract your mind from it. 

I use the lowest dose and since I have started this process I may have popped 10 or so, but I had been weaning down and going a day or two without a smoke.  For anyone else that is struggling or attempting, find all the possible ways you need to help you along.  The first few days and weeks are the toughest and I can say that only because this is like my fifth time I've been at this juncture.  I just expect it to be the last.

keep fighting the good fight. It's a bitch but one day, I promise you, you will not feel it anymore. That's a special day to strive for. I think Nab has got to be close to there now, seeing as he is 5 months in. :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.