News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: JustJezmund on December 16, 2010, 11:22:33 PM
be very careful.  drinking is the the biggest problem.  I felt the same way about the disgust, but saddly even i have fallen back for a smoke here and there when shit faced.

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL.
Same.
But have not been broken yet as I still resist the urge most of the time.  All of my friends smoke so I am surrounded by it.  Should be a tough holiday season.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Undermind

Great job  MeltMe, Nab, and Lifeboy!!!!

Friday will be my 6 month cigarette free anniversary!  It really is a piece of cake at this point.  The urges are few and far between.  Being around people smoking really doesn't bother me either.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

10 months today. But I'm really excited to see the other folks that jumped on board. Hope you guys are all keeping it up.

Nab, after reading those posts about the wifey and it causing those negative aspects creep into the relationship, didn't see anything after. Hope all that worked out, and she's trying again.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 25, 2011, 03:48:36 PM
10 months today. But I'm really excited to see the other folks that jumped on board. Hope you guys are all keeping it up.

Nab, after reading those posts about the wifey and it causing those negative aspects creep into the relationship, didn't see anything after. Hope all that worked out, and she's trying again.

I had to let the negative feelings go.  I don't think that she is smoking at work still; if she is she's getting better at hiding it or doing it less often.  I had to let the matter rest or I was going to go crazy. 

Still bugs me when I feel suspicious.  When I do I realize there is nothing I can do about it and I try to resolve the things I can in my own head to make myself feel better about it. 

Thanks for reminding me though, I passed the 10 month mark as well, just last week.  Glad to hear its going well for you still too. 

sls.stormyrider

gah

Quote from: nab on January 25, 2011, 04:04:56 PM

I had to let the negative feelings go.  I don't think that she is smoking at work still; if she is she's getting better at hiding it or doing it less often.  I had to let the matter rest or I was going to go crazy. 

Still bugs me when I feel suspicious.  When I do I realize there is nothing I can do about it and I try to resolve the things I can in my own head to make myself feel better about it. 

Thanks for reminding me though, I passed the 10 month mark as well, just last week.  Glad to hear its going well for you still too.

Yeah, I remembered you being ahead of me by a week. But don't worry I'll catch up one of these days, ha ha ha!  :-P

Seriously tho, I really don't know any advice to give on how to handle that. You guys are partners, but you're also on your own personal journeys as well. I guess all you can do is stay strong yourself, and be supportive of her. So happy to see you staying strong though!

And thanks slslbs- you've always been a good supporter of those struggling with quitting  :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 25, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Congrats!!

Welcome Back GBH  :-D

Undermind

I'm up to 7 months Cigarette Free myself!!!

Congrats GAH for sticking with it. :beers:
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

PIE-GUY

I enjoyed 1 cig sometime during set 3 or the encore on NYE at MSG. Perhaps I will again next year. That is all.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 25, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
I enjoyed 1 cig sometime during set 3 or the encore on NYE at MSG. Perhaps I will again next year. That is all.

You should really think about quitting.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

You'll notice I used the word enjoyed. I thinl back to the pack+ a day habit I had at different times and really only enjoyed 1 or 2 of em a day.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 25, 2011, 08:03:53 PM
You'll notice I used the word enjoyed. I thinl back to the pack+ a day habit I had at different times and really only enjoyed 1 or 2 of em a day.

yeah, I was just taking the piss out of ya. Interesting thought above though. I think I enjoyed about about half of my previous daily intake. I always loved the post joint cigarette (I used to burn five a day). Then there was the after morning coffee smoke and the post coitus smoke. So my enjoyment number would be about 7 or so.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

G. Augusto

Before I quit, smoking was a chore.
Just hated it, but still did it out of rote.
01-01 was 6 yrs for me.  :-)