News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Undermind on April 13, 2011, 04:05:58 PM
I suck!  :shakehead:

No way man. You just haven't found what works for you yet. That's all. Or maybe the timing hasn't been right. Or the motivation. Or the desire. It's a combination of a lot of things that gets someone to change a habit that has likely been a part of your life for a very long time. No need to get down on yourself. It'll happen when you're ready. The fact that you've tried, or are trying, is good enough.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 13, 2011, 04:17:22 PM

No way man. You just haven't found what works for you yet. That's all. Or maybe the timing hasn't been right. Or the motivation. Or the desire. It's a combination of a lot of things that gets someone to change a habit that has likely been a part of your life for a very long time. No need to get down on yourself. It'll happen when you're ready. The fact that you've tried, or are trying, is good enough.

No way!  I have been off and one for quite some time.  Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks for me which is my longest stretch ever.  Its still fresh and neand different, but it happens.  The fact that you have attempted is the first step.  Each little battle is a win.  Quitting smoking is a WAR.  You have to battle all of the time.  Ask others for some reinforcements and then wage battle again.

Keep it up and don't beat yourself up.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 14, 2011, 01:23:29 PM

No way!  I have been off and one for quite some time.  Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks for me which is my longest stretch ever.  Its still fresh and neand different, but it happens.  The fact that you have attempted is the first step.  Each little battle is a win.  Quitting smoking is a WAR.  You have to battle all of the time.  Ask others for some reinforcements and then wage battle again.

Keep up the good fight eb!  :clap:

Undermind

Thanks for the encouragement.  I didn't have a cigarette from June 19th until January 20th, a little over 7 months.  i guess I'm just really pissed at myself for starting again.  I think after 6 or 7 months you really need to keep in mind why you stopped originally.  When you are that far removed from smoking it seems like you loose sight somewhat of why you stopped in the 1st place.  I'm back to smoking the same amount (3/4 of a pack a day) that I did before I stopped, but am going to give the patch another shot here shortly I think.  The effects of coming off of chantex were too rough for me to do again, although it made it really easy to stop smoking. 
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VA $l!m

i now think the best way to quit is to move to NYC. i couldnt believe the cost of a pack when i was out there.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 14, 2011, 01:46:13 PM
i now think the best way to quit is to move to NYC. i couldnt believe the cost of a pack when i was out there.

That was one of the many reason's I quit...$10 a pack was too much for me.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 14, 2011, 01:39:39 PM

Keep up the good fight eb!  :clap:

Thanks!  And tonight I am bringing back the celebratory bombers!

Buffalo Budd

Well, I'm back in here after have a brief relapse from the holdays through til we got here to Ethiopia.  I wasn't smoking all the time or anything but would usually grab a smoke from friends or toss a friend $5 so I wouldn't feel guilty about bumming.  I have now quit yet again as of the end of March.  Here's to this being the final time  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 15, 2011, 10:12:22 AM
Well, I'm back in here after have a brief relapse from the holdays through til we got here to Ethiopia.  I wasn't smoking all the time or anything but would usually grab a smoke from friends or toss a friend $5 so I wouldn't feel guilty about bumming.  I have now quit yet again as of the end of March.  Here's to this being the final time  :beers:

:rawk:

Buffalo Budd

Right back at ya UncleEb, sounds like you're on a pretty good run yourself.  :beerbang:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 15, 2011, 10:17:10 AM
Right back at ya UncleEb, sounds like you're on a pretty good run yourself.  :beerbang:

Thanks  5 weeks today!

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 15, 2011, 10:19:41 AM

Thanks  5 weeks today!

:clap: :clap:

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 15, 2011, 10:12:22 AM

:beers:

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 15, 2011, 10:19:41 AM

:crazy:

Thanks  5 weeks today!

UncleEbinezer

6 weeks!   :rockout:

eventually I'll stop posting the weekly update.   :-D

nab

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 22, 2011, 10:51:20 AM
6 weeks!   :rockout:

eventually I'll stop posting the weekly update.   :-D

Glad to see the positive progress.  Keep it up.